Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Two Nights In A Row

Sid! Sid, where are you?!
I have to post about stupid bands and/or betches, AGAIN tonight.

Tonight, it's all about that betch Amy Lee.

Look! Another stupid Amy in the music world! And shut up, Mitch Connors, I DO NOT remind you of her. Just like I am in no way, reminiscent of Rosie. Ever. ::mutter mutter:: Stupid Frass ::mutter mutter::


Evanescence cans guitarist, drummer
POSTED: 9:22 a.m. EDT, May 8, 2007

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- The guitarist and drummer with Evanescence have left the top-selling rock act for undisclosed reasons.

Guitarist John LeCompt claimed on his MySpace.com blog that he was fired during a cell phone conversation with singer Amy Lee, while drummer Rocky Gray said he was asked by band management not to discuss the situation.

However, Lee said in a statement that Evanescence remains "alive and well" and will soon return to the road with new musicians.

"John and Rocky were in Evanescence for four years and we shared some great times together playing live, but they were ready to move on and so we have parted ways," she said. "Evanescence is something I have loved and nurtured since I was 14, and I will continue to protect and fight for it as I always have.

LeCompt did not paint the situation so rosily on his blog. "Without any warning or negotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason," he said. "We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does? Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life."

LeCompt was referring to the messy 2003 departure of founding guitarist Ben Moody, who was replaced by former Cold principal Terry Balsamo, and the 2006 exit of bassist Will Boyd, who was replaced by former Revolution Smile guitarist Tim McCord.

Lee said no shows would be canceled due to the lineup shift, but the group won't have long to draft replacements for LeCompt and Gray. It is due to return to the stage May 19 at the first Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, and has European dates on tap through late June.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. All rights reserved.

Three things -

1. H1's right to ask, "If you have but one of your original members, are you still the same band?"

2. I did so enjoy reading LeCompt's assessment of the situation and of Amy Lee's character.

3. Amy The Stupid Lee, what the f.? Did you think just because Korn asked you to cover "Freak On a Leash" you're hot shit? I'm sorry to say it to Korn but you guys went downhill ever since Head found Jeebus. And though I may hate David, his ass was smart to leave or go on 'hiatus' as it were. Korn! Your time is done and working with Amy Lee made you lose whatever creds you had left. ALL.


On a side note, I've come to a realization in the past few days.

You know how I always rant that if it's female and sings then chances are TD5 loves it?
I now know that, in addition to this, if it's female and sings then chances are I hate it.

And on another random note, but still music related, did anyone see the video for The Red Hot Chili Peppers' new song? Let us just say...RHCP going street made me incredibly scared yet I couldn't... look... away.

Maybe it was AK's big, gold grill? Or the fact that I never thought I'd hear the words "Hump de Bump" come out of his mouth? Well, one thing's for sure, I knew the day would come that if that ever happened, it'd sound stupid. And sure enough...



- Or 2, weeding out the assholes since 1992.

Currently listening to: "Teddy Picker" by Arctic Monkeys. Now THERE's a band. Yeah. At this time one week from now, I'll be too tired to blog but really wanting to. I love you, Alex! He is a clever little man, isn't he?

6 comments:

  1. Sadly disappointed BeetchieWed May 09, 10:20:00 AM 2007

    While I've long been aware of your um..."predisposition" against female singers, does this mean you hate on my wifey Lily Allen?

    And while this may be random, but Beyounce ruined Shakira! Did you see her new video? A PURPLE WIG!? Only drag queens can pull of crap lik that. Argh, my heart breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1--the undisclosed reasons are that amy sucks, so they broke out.

    2--i feel for them , tho. never join a band where the bitch singer thinks shes a diva and belly dances..wait a minute..

    3--im surprised sdb likes lily. not for nothin, but because shes blancita, and a "pudgy, a wee bit" as my friend would say. shakira, tho,..

    4--speaking of which i swear on my bobcia she is in wburg two weeks ago. hiding near planet thai. hmmm...

    5--jz ruined beyonce. but wyclef ruined shakira

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Beetchie, I don't hate on your Lily Allen. I mean, I don't necessarily enjoy her pop sound but I can respect her sharp lyrics and her likeable personality (at least what we saw in concert).

    Battler, are you looking for a beat down from Beetchie?

    Flea's something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beetchie, didn't we have this conversation before? LA is not your wifey, she's mine, as well as Shakira. Why you all up in my women when you could have so many others??????????

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...