Saturday, July 17, 2010

Obsession(s) of the Week(s): 5/25/2010 - 6/29/2010

Super Mario Galaxy 2



There's a story about a girl who has low video game self-esteem. This girl does not call herself a gamer. While she has had more than 10 years worth of experience, she still lacks the confidence to call herself that. This girl had a video game folly. In 2007, she collected all 120 stars from SMG and called herself proud. It was a feat never before accomplished in a Mario game. 3 years later, she found out that SMG was considered "easy". And didn't she feel stupid. Not one to be knocked over, she bought SMG2 and is currently at her 103rd Star. It's been a tough journey through the beautiful and incredibly clever level designs with her best companion Luigi (and Mario to a lesser extent. She doesn't fancy him) with a booming orchestral soundtrack and a whole lot of wall jumps, long jumps and back flips.

Kingdom Hearts 358 1/2 Days



It's been a while since I've played a game in this series. By a while I mean not since the first one was released. I had to read up the story to fill in some gaps but I am still mostly confused. It's a complex story to be sure (Thanks Squeenix) but I'm enjoying this DS adventure. I think I like Roxas more than I recall of my like for Sora. Sora was a bit of an ass, really. I enjoy the level up, magic and weapon building schematic. It's like building a puzzle which is a game in of itself, frankly. The story's kinda cute but as per usual, I could do without anything Disney related. Nightmare Before Christmas is not Disney, damn it! Only in theory!

Nintendo 3DS



The Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2010 was yesterday. I was giddy and reeling from excitement. That...doesn't usually happen to me but now I feel mighty sorry for myself looking at all things 3DS and the game list. Nintendo hates me but loves my money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...