Monday, January 31, 2011

The Day The Blog Almost Died

A tiny life was in my hands on Saturday evening.  It was a life full of words, emotions, funnies, woes and life experiences.

This dying ember of life belonged to five year old, Bloggie Boo.

The HOchieS Blog had suddenly found itself in a predicament, its life in the hands of its creator and knowing full well that I made it, and I could take its life back.

The problem with Bloggie Boo was that it exceeded its free 1 GB capacity for pictures.

I could do one of three things:

1. Continue the Blog without pictures thereby maiming it and making it half the Blog it used to be.

2. Buy space and extend the Blog's life for a year - it'd be borrowed time and a renewal fee would have to occur every year.

3. Kill the blog.  Make it D-E-D.

Long story short, I did not really see any other option so I paid the damned $5.00 and here we are.

Due to this sudden turn of events, I may as well lay this out here and now.

I have been toying with the idea of putting adsense on the blog for some time now, and this is just one more step for me to do so.  I'm not sure how much money Bloggie Boo will make but even though I may be merciful, The Great Znyx will only heed those who are trying to work things out on their own.

So Blog, you need to cover your own cost of the picture/video fee!

I'm a little bit worried as to what sort of ads will run but we'll just have to see.  There's no solicitation here but it's just a note to be aware that things will look different in the future and I'm not being spammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...