Thursday, February 03, 2011

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Happy New Year, everyone!

It's Chinese New Year and just in case you haven't already heard, it is the Year of the Rabbit.

Are there any rabbits in your lives? Perhaps you were born in the Year of our cuddly, pest-like, yummy friends?

I myself, have two rabbits in my life!

Both Mama HOchie and H1 are rabbits and do you know what I have to say to them?



Ha ha! I only keed of course, lest there be some murdering going down of my being.  I was informed today that if I posted this video, sang the song, or make mention of any "killing of wabbits", that I would meet with an unfortunate end involving my body buried in one of our many snow banks from this snow-heavy winter, and no one would find my body until everything thawed out until May or June.

I have pleaded with H1 to turn herself in if that should happen.

I don't think she is going to do it.

In other Chinese New Year related news, being the good Almost-Asians that we are, H1 and I had char siu baos for breakfast.  We were served by some bitchy-ass Chinese ladies at our favourite breakfast spot Hing Won, and they thought I had no right saying 'bao', and 'corrected' me to tell me it was a 'roast pork bun'.  Apparently not being full-Asian gives me no right to say it properly.

They were in quite the mood today as apparently if you are full Chinese then you have no right asking for a 'roast pork bun'.  At least I wasn't that girl who got blasted out for asking for it in English and was harshly corrected - "CHAR SIU BAO".

I must say, I felt very sorry for both that girl and myself.

Bear with me because this is related as well but using my Insight abilities in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (which I am currently playing on the DS), I figured out that for a particular puzzle, the man below had a hankering for what I was hankering for these past couple days.

There's a bao over his head.
Again, I was insulted because I had to order the 'bun' for him from the local dim sum house.  Even the game questions me!  Couldn't they just call it a bao?!

Finally, I had a fortune cookie today and I am displeased by the knowledge it tried to impart.


I don't know what you're trying to imply there Cookie but I feel as though you're kicking a sister down.  I swear I can order char siu baos like anyone else!

Beetchie...please.  Don't you be questioning my abilities either.

So what if I have to ask for 'two' char siu baos because I don't know how to ask for 'two' in Cantonese?! Don't you judge me!

Currently listening to: "Hikari Planit B Remix" by Utada Hikaru, from the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Original Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...