Sunday, March 06, 2011

Shamrock Shakes: Full of Shenanigans

March brings a lot of things: Spring, The Ides, St. Patrick's Day complete with drunken louts that annoy me to no end on the train (at 8 a.m. in the morning no less), and McDonald's Shamrock Shake.

For all the years the elusive Shamrock Shake has been around, this was the first year The HOchieS decided to try one to see what the fuss was all about.

I would love to sit here and tell you it was super awesome but instead I will write you a tale of how it was full of super shenanigans.

First, between us, H1 and I have tried the shake at three different locations.  H1 had one with very little mint green syrup, which meant it was not sweet shake.  She actually did not think it was too bad.

Our third and final attempt at a McD's Shamrock Shake
The next two we had were absolute disasters.  They were not blended well but now I'm not even sure if they are supposed to be.  H1's first was not blended at all with the green sitting at the bottom of hers.  And talk about the sugar! It was a sugar fest and it was gross.

So, why do we see raving reviews of this nonsense every year?

Perhaps I have just not found a good shake yet? Some sites allude to the fact that it is just not being made well as in previous years with the downfall of the shake starting with last year's batch.

If that's true, perhaps I will never know true greatness because we are never buying that again.

In the meanwhile, I can truly say...


...that I am not lovin' it, despite what McDonald's would like you to believe.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like they blended it at all! I'm sure it was not so good :/ Maybe they lost all the milkshake makers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the same at all three locations. Eventually the whole thing turned green...I mean, I guess after some stirring on our part..heh. But it was gross! So sweet and nothing else. Bleck. It was a complete waste of time.

    wv: stierks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...