Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Lost in a Sea of e-mails

Today, Brian Crecente left Kotaku.com.  It's a pretty big deal and it's awfully sad.  Some are speculating that he was pushed out and I am inclined to believe them.

That said, I have no worries that he will be quite fine wherever he goes next.  He's very well respected in his field and a fine journalist.

At the end of his farewell note, he entrusted his e-mail to his readership.  That's a lot of trust!

I felt very compelled to write him and it was on the spur of the moment.  Of course, I rambled because it is in my nature to do so, and I did not think through my e-mail carefully.  I probably should have considering it might the one and only time I reach out to Mr. Crecente.

That said, here's the e-mail I wrote him (don't mind my rambling and gushing! He's awesome!) Click to Enlarge, if you feel so inclined:


I know, nerd right?

Even more nerdish joy is that he responded!

He didn't have to write, of course but I appreciate he took the time to do so even if it was not a very long response.  But honestly, what else was he to say?

Though, you know...I feel sorry I forgot to mention Owen.  Sorry, Owen! You are an awesome editor too!

And um, really...I'm still without a friend code for the 3DS but can't blame me for trying to be sly to get a friend code from Crecente.  Bwahaha, I knew that was not going to happen.

But hey, you know...

I might just be persuaded to leave my 3DS friend code riiiiight here in case anyone out there with a 3DS wanted to add me as a friend...

Anyone?

Anyone?

...

Fine.

Friendless, it is!

2 comments:

  1. The best part of all this is Brian Crecente, Vagabond.

    hahahahahaha.

    - H1, with tears.

    No, Bloggie Boo, he is a Vagabond not a Tranen. That is not nice. His hair is just long because he likes it that way.

    wv: tranen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...