Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Anniversary, N3DS!

Today marks the one year anniversary of the North American release of the Nintendo 3DS.

Usually, I don't care about such things but Nintendo sent me a little present today and since we're all in the mood to celebrate, I decided to take a look at what I've done with Zarnyx: The 3DS Edition in the past year.

When I first got little bluesey N3DS, he was bought with not much fanfare.  In fact, I deliberately canceled my pre-order at Amazon just so I could waltz into Nintendo World to pick up one from the herd from the damned source!

I'm not that obsessed over Nintendo but I was looking for some sort of freebie.  Nintendo World is glorious at freebies, so I was hoping for something awesome!

It turns out I got diddly-squat.


It was rather disappointing, I have to say.  I guess there were no freebies to be had left over from the midnight launch a day earlier.

Bluesey went everywhere with me and weeks went by without so much of a visitor Mii in my Plaza via Streetpass.

Then H1 and I went to see Final Fantasy: Distant Worlds and got about 29 fellow nerds via Streetpass.  It was awesome! And it made Find Mii that much more fun.

I played a lot of, and enjoyed the heck out of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars as one of my first 3DS games, while I continued playing DS games I had not gotten through (I still do that).

At some point, Bluesey turned into Black and Goldsey.

It's not dirty but the 3DS is actually really beautiful.  It kinda glitters when you look at it.  The light's catching the specs like dust.  Or maybe that is dust? Heh.
Okay, so I am admittedly in love with The Legend of Zelda and I am even more obsessed with Limited Edition versions of things.  It's...a sickness.

For Christmas last year, I bought myself the Limited Edition of the thing.  It was...not the wisest way to spend money but I gave H1 Bluesey but not before transferring Zarnyx's data over to the new thing.

I've not regretted my purchases though, for I foresee a future where H1 and I can continue to play together.  I see a future where I can sneak into her house when she's not looking and re-arrange her furniture in the upcoming Animal Crossing title.  Alright, so I don't know if I can do any such thing yet but I think Nintendo will not let me down and I'll be able to do some sort of fun things via Streetpass and Multiplayer with H1.

So, this post is a lot longer than I anticipated but before I end, I just wanted to do a quick activity log of my play time since I've owned the 3DS.

As of today, I've taken 521,263 steps with it on my person and I've played *76* titles.

I'm currently playing Tales of the Abyss 3DS and there's a lot more to look forward to this year as well for games upcoming and those I don't own yet.

Keep going strong, Nintendo!

Oh yeah, and thanks for sending the present of Reggie of NOA over to my MiiPlaza via Spotpass! He fought in my final battle in Find Mii II with his awesome Level 5 self and gave me a brand new Kid Icarus: Uprising Pink puzzle piece (though don't think I didn't notice he had all the pink ones and was stingy in not sharing all...bwaha, one can dream).

Though, the best part about this whole thing were his golden pants and the way his Mii sparkles.  It's freaking hilarious and oh so shiny.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, you make this seem more exciting than any commercial I ever saw about it. I didn't realize it had so many functions that blurred real/online worlds, like this thing about logging steps and showing avatars in a virtual plaza when you pass them in the street. Neat! I really wish I had more time for games...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's a neat little system and to me, worth it if you don't have a DSLite. I will agree that the game library at launch was a little thin but for me, since I have a huge backlog of DS games I never played, it came in handy to play those at the very least.

      The games that have come out since have been pretty cool and the upcoming titles look great too.

      Actually, when you pass people on the street, sometimes you can use them in other titles (like in Mario they give you presents of items and such). It's a quirky little thing.

      I've not yet truly seen what my PSVita can do but that thing is beautiful.

      If you ever manage to get either system, we can share friend codes!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...