Friday, May 18, 2012

Knockin' About on Rainy Mondays and Tuesdays, Part I

The last time Ren and J waltzed through town, it was more of a whirlwind than anything.

The HOchieS spent many a night and day time running about going to restaurants, and additionally we caught a play and walked through a Street Fair (which we actually did separately but...things were going on is my point!).

Best of all, we had a great time then spending quality moments with funny friends and jumped at the chance to do so again this past Monday and Tuesday.

Monday night we went to Del Frisco's Grille for dinner.  I've yet to go to the steakhouse itself but the Grille just opened not too long ago and with a more varied selection with cheaper meal options, we decided to check it out.







It was drizzling when we got there and quite the nice, quiet Monday evening.  Although dreary, it was still a nicely lit evening on the plaza with hardly anyone walking by at Rock Center.


Yet, the restaurant was packed regardless and it was a good thing H1 made reservations.

Having just returned from a two week trip to China, Ren and J. were quite pleased to be eating a hearty steak with potatoes.  Alanni, who was also in attendance (yay!) also had a steak and I was coerced by H1 into getting a ribeye.  There's not much coaxing one has to do for me to get a ribeye but since she opted to order the one dish I was actually looking at, we decided it would be best for me to order the steak so I could try it.  You know, something about being at a steakhouse and eating...the steak?

At $42 for 16 oz, it was typical on price and quite the good steak if only a tad too salty to my liking.

I enjoyed my first bite immensely though but I think the sauteed in butter wonder that Ruth's Chris makes for a better tasting steak.  Like bacon, butter makes everything taste better.

Medium rare: it's the only way! Or, my way, anyway.  You can't tell from this picture but it was cooked as I asked.  Thanks, peeps.  Thanks.

For sides, we ordered mushrooms, broccoli, garlic mashed potatoes and truffle mac n' cheese.  The mushrooms were yummy and everything else was good too, and I am told that the truffle mac n' cheese was okay but not as good as some other place we've had it at recently.

I couldn't possibly eat any more cheese after the sinfulness that was the grilled cheese sandwich and roasted tomato bisque dish that H1 ordered.



It was so very wrong but so very fantastic.  The sandwich had way too much cheese and it was a terrible time having to leave a huge glob of aged cheddar and Gruyere on the plate that had run out from the middle but I think I'm slightly better for it even if not mentally.

Not right a sandwich yet it completely is.  What's not right at all is that stupid finger in my shot.  Curse my stupid finger and hunger.
Again, a little too much salt on the tomato bisque but it was hearty, creamy and I may have enjoyed the one at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse a bit more.  Still, it was wonderful and when you tossed some of that cheese sandwich in there, it was the equivalent to what X probably thinks Paradise is made of.

There was no room for dessert but a very interesting Nutella bread pudding caught my attention and I'll have it in mind the next time we pay Del Frisco's Grille a visit.  Yep, a next time visit is in order.

Rainy Tuesday (Mis)adventures with Ren & J plus The HOchieS take a Day Off in an upcoming blog post.

Contact Details:

Del Frisco's Grille
Address: 50 Rockefeller Plz  New York, NY 10020
Phone Number: (212) 767-0371

Currently listening to: "Littlest Things" by Lily Allen.  So, I have to say it took me years (mostly due to being adamant in my stubborn nature) but I'm appreciating this album a lot more now than I did back then when Beetchie was on a Lily kick.  Heh.  See B.? I can admit things!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...