Thursday, May 10, 2012

Memories, Man.

I've written before about the supreme wonderfulness that is Animal Crossing.

One such reason contributing to its greatness was the fact that at every hour during the day (in real time, mind you), the background music would change and you could run in the fields looking for accursed dragon flies to catch or digging up bells under peach trees you planted near your house.

Ever relaxing and charming, the music of Animal Crossing had its hand in forcing me to stay awake and keep playing for a 24 hour period just to I could experience different hours of the day and hear what awesome music awaited me from hour to hour.

Well, I may not have actually done a 24 hour marathon of play time but I did play over the course of my AC gameplay lifetime at least once every hour to have a complete experience.

The ridiculousness of that statement solidifying the addictive properties of that game can only be understood by someone who played that golden treasure of a game.

But anyway, I just discovered (thanks to Kotaku and an awesome insane person who too understands my ramblings) possibly the GREATEST.  THING.  EVER.

If you click right here, it will take you to a wonderful site that figures out where in the world you are and what time zone you are in.

It will then begin playing music from Animal Crossing that matches the music that would be playing if you were in the game at that very hour.

Do you know what this means?

This means that tomorrow when I'm having a hellified time at work, I can have my very own soundtrack playing in the background!

I might not be fishing or digging up fossils but no matter!

My life is about to be soundtracked and I cannot wait for 1 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...