Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Freakin' Zombies

I got Lollipop Chainsaw this weekend.  I was so excited!

Suda51, James Gunn, Jimmy Urine, Akira Yamaoka, insanity, crude but hilarious humour...all these things to love!

All things to love except the zombies.

In case you have not been paying attention, the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us and we've been warning you for years of its coming.  Of all the undead or things that go bump in the night creatures, zombies are the worst.

Thus, I was apprehensive about getting Lollipop Chainsaw on account that I would be scared out of my wits.

But in typical Suda fashion, it's been nothing but fun, crazy nonsense.  The zombies say ridiculous things including every manner of curse words possible and it's hard to take them seriously.  I had my first boss fight and it was Zed, voiced by Jimmy Urine if I'm not mistaken.  It was pretty fun and the music has been nothing but a trip.

It's been all fabulous and not in any way scary.

Tell me why then, I had to wake myself at 2 a.m. then again at 2:30 a.m. because I was having a zombie nightmare in which I was not going to make it.  Zombie food, man.  I was going to be Zombie food! I had to wake myself up.

But you know, the strangest thing? In the dream, H1 and I were running through golden fields and to desolate, country looking houses.  It was a clear indication that I have been traumatizing myself with a zombie induced frenzy with Wallander as a setting.

At least there was a small meeting with Magnus at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...