Monday, October 20, 2008

A List of Smug

There's lots of smuggery in this world. The definition according to South Park is a person who likes the smell of their own farts. That is a very good observation.

Smug people do lots of smug things, use smug things and are so smug they don't even know the meaning of the word.

H1 and I have compiled a list of all things smug, at least things we could remember, so we'll be adding to this as time goes on but for now, hopefully this list will clarify what is 'smug', and you'll see that the correlation of people to things is that they all feel they're better than everyone else.

01. CLee
02. Steve Jobs
03. Mac Users
04. "Going Green", including people who carry canvas bags to the supermarket
05. Vegans
06. Vegetarians
07. Fruitarians
08. Californians and the State of California
09. People who buy only 'organic' foods.
10. Hipsters
11. Xbox Owners
12. Experienced to know-it-all SLR camera users/owners
13. Oasis, their 'fans' and most bands. But especially Oasis!
14. The Beatles 'hardcore' fans (contributed by Bughie J.)
15. Londoners, who are smug assholes. Deadly combination, that.
16. NY Borough Rivalry and its participants - really though, only Brooklyn and the Bronx count but ask either and they'll tell you it's not the other.
17. Bobby Flay
18. Alton Brown
19. Bill O'Reilly
20. Nancy Grace (deserving of mention because the bitch is just an evil devil spawn)
21. Hybrid owners
22. Fanatic pet owners
23. People who watch and swear by HBO dramas
24. Most if not all Republicans I've met
25. Hippies
26. "World Travellers"
27. People who are in shape/fit
28. Political bloggers
29. American "Otaku". H1, I'm not Otaku the way you think it, trust me.

That's the list for now but there's always more that can be added! We will take another look and think a bit more.

10 comments:

  1. Hah. I enjoy being smug due to a number of the aformentioned reasons listed (mac user, NY borough rivalry and yes Brooklyn all the way! and so forth) but I don't quite get the fanatical pet ownership. Do break that down will you. Thanks. Oh and you know what else you should add to the list? Ppl who make lists of smugness are also smug in their belief of their lack of smugness. =P"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to edit the blog to mention what I did yesterday in a convo. with X and will later, to put a reminder to myself and H1 that we compiled this list as a warning. If we find we're leaning too much in one direction, then we know we're in danger of being smug...thereby proving that we know smug now because we're not smug yet or never hope to be.
    There are dangers though...there certainly are.
    Also the list has to be amended by levels of smuggery. The higher up, the worse it is for you. So far, about the first 4 are the highest you can be. Notice too how most things relate to Californians?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I always knew you liked the smell of your own farts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I agree with most of what you have here (geez I cannot stand fit people and green people), I will be damned if you speak ill of Nancy Grace. She is a good woman. If she be smug, then I bask in her farts.
    p.s I think Democrats are way more smug (Matt Damon, George Clooney, Brangelina...the list goes on)
    Peace out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Democrats are not more smug but IF they were, at least they are still better looking than Republicans.

    - H1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course MC, you would like the woman who drives people to suicide. I am not surprised, as you also think that classist bitches have every right to attack others by bashing their heads in with cellphones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what the eff??????? me?? how am i smug?

    just because bill gates and microsoft are crappy simply makes steve jobs and apple "appear" to be better and thus "smug".. they're not better.. it's just that everyone else is very bad.. and sucks.

    I have just one question.. answer it in no more than two (2) words..

    What is the best state in the US?

    are trinis smug??

    S o
    M uch
    U nusual
    G reatness

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment, CLee, proving time and time again that you are indeed full of smug.

    Bughie J. has named the best state in the U.S. and I'll give it to you in one word because he makes a pretty compelling argument: Hawaii.

    Why Hawaii? Because it's the furthest state from the rest of the U.S. and therefore not tainted.

    It's true, even NY is tainted courtesy of NJ. It's rather unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. do YOU agree Hawaii is the best state??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Californians are full of smug.
    All other states should sink for their bible beltedness.
    Florida is run by Cubans who think they are the shit.
    Alaska's been shown to produce idiots.
    Hawaii truly might be the best though.
    They have spam.
    You can't go wrong.

    As a state, NY's not the best because there are places like Rochester and other such Bumbleff counties and towns that just ruin it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...