Saturday, December 06, 2008

Making Christmas (Part I): Chinatown Friday

As I write this, it's actually December 10th even though I started this post on December 6th. The HOchieS had a very full weekend past, with Day-Off'ing, Chinatown'ing, Baking, Decorating and doing Christmasie Christmas'ing.

On Friday last, Sons and the HOchieS trekked off to Chinatown for some Dim sum. I think I have to make it a tradition of making the Dim sum trip to take pictures of the Chinese Christmas display at Golden Bridge and well, to eat Dim sum of course.

The dim sum was extremely good on Friday and I saw things I never saw there before. I was rather impressed and tried to take decent pictures for once. Umm, that didn't happen. Clearly it's due to my lack of photography skills but I'm still trying and learning. I think H1's got a better eye than I but does she have a Camera Eye? Hmmm...

Cart Love -



OMG, here come the meats:



H1 and her good "Camera" Sense, for taking pictures of babies and now beef & pork:





What?! It was a first for here! Juicy pork dumplings?! Oh, how disappointing - the juicy bit leaked out...ah well. They were still stuffed with piggyh bliss:



The display was quite festive this year:



I particularly enjoyed the Santa:



After the eats, we headed to where the cool kids go. Sadly, Soul Eater Volume 2 figures were not out yet so I couldn't buy my beloved Stein, but we did do some Christmas Shopping for Momma HOchie, some kids and I got H1 a present. That reminds me that I need to take that from her so that I may wrap it up.

It was a fun but busy day that ended after we went to the grocery to buy ingredients for the two day bake fest which we'll discuss in a Part II blog post.

Memorable Conversation of the Day:

Sons: We're the only non-Chinese people here.
::later on:: Or 2: Oh, there are some white people over there. The Chinese people put them in the corner - out of sight. No one puts baby in a corner!

Currently listening to: "Heaven's Dead" by Audioslave.

3 comments:

  1. Ammmm, I guess Sons meant SHE was the only non-Chinese! she wasn't looking at you guys or what?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and how is it that you throw goo'looking dimsum in my face, but no mention of how you slaved me for pies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I have a nice thank you written up for pie slaving that is sitting in a draft for PART II of the Making Christmas. Clearly, people are runk and cannot read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...