Thursday, April 02, 2009

Like a Loser?

Usually, I'm on the ball. Well, okay, not always.

But in 2006, the day pre-orders were being taken for the Nintendo Wii, I was on it!

The day I picked it up, a week after its release, I walked in there and claimed my Wii much to the annoyance of people in the store desperately trying to get one.

Just about every day for almost 2 years after that, the line outside Nintendo World for the Wii was long due to the high demand of the Wii and the unavailability of the system. Even on days when those people had no right to be standing on line because it was in stock at other stores, they stood there.

In the cold.

In the rain.

In the hot sun.

In the normal weather. Yeah, sometimes the weather was tolerable.

And every day, H1 and I would pass by and shout out, "You should have pre-ordered!" Eventually we would pass by and say, "Okay, now you're just being lame. Go to Gamestop and get one! It's like a 3 minute walk from here!".

The day has come.

The day I might be the tool waiting in line outside Nintendo to buy a DSi.

Just. like. a. loser.

Now, mind you... I can easily go tomorrow and pre-order. There's still time for that.

I can go on to Amazon and pre-order. There's still time for that.

But I'm hoping against all good sense that a The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks comes out with a limited edition bundle. While I highly doubt it since a golden Triforce (ooo...gaudy) edition was already released for the DS Lite, I'm going to do the something-tells-me-it's-a-stupid-thing stupid thing, and wait.

I know those assholes are going to release one in Japan and not here. Isn't that always the case? Don't the Japanese hate me? Yes, yes they do.

Anyways, come Saturday at Midnight, Nintendo World will be open until 2 AM, so you can be the first to pick up your new DSi, and I won't be one of those people.

If Beetchie were here, we'd make another jaunt of it probably, even though she might trying to "yoink" my new stylish DSi and toss me her Lite.

But it's okay, Beetchie... if Link doesn't pan out, and the rumoured re-release of Final Fantasy VI does, and it comes in a bundle, I'll get that so you can swoon. But! Only if Kefka's on the DSi. I don't want those other effer's on my DSi, unless you know, it's like the Phantom Train, Gau or Edgar Figaro or something.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh B.

    Though I do understand the bittersweet feeling of being one of the first to have (b/c of smart pre-ordering) only to get shafted months later by a nicer/sleeker/just overall cooler version that is "insert favorite game here" themed.

    Though yes, I would have "jaunted" with you down to Nintendo World (and have made a trip down to Kenka's for good measure) and I also would have thefted your new toy. Though if a FFVI bundle does come out, oh hell yeah!

    In other news there seems to be a ton of cool shite coming out this May (movie wise anyho's) and I'm excited! I'm hoping my internet will up to speed today and I can call you. We need to chat about soul eater...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not watched Soul Eater. I'm still stuck at episode 44 because the computer is still down.

    Lame!

    You should watch Gurren Lagann.

    Stop plotting to steal my goods!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...