This here signals the end of H1's Birthday Month and the beginning of Or 2's.
September was a good month and we ended it by baking and decorating sugar cookies this past weekend!
It was our first attempt as H1 decided she needed to hone her decorating skills, or rather get some skills then hone them.
Boobey helped but geez is that kid strong! 'Slowly and carefully add the flour to the mixture,' we told him. What does he do? He takes two hands and tosses it all in the bowl at once. Luckily that did not spoil our recipe but it was rather funny.
Our cookies actually came out quite good and I'm not a fan of sugar cookies, really. They could have baked a little bit longer but we'll blame that on her tilted oven, the tilt not having anything to do with the baking part.
Notice how awesome snow covered pine tree, emo lumberjack, fish and flounder are?
I would however, thank you to not mind Fish's green buisness!
And of course, look at bad ass Flounder...
Scary! but Awesome! H1, I enjoy his crazy eye.
Things missed:
Random pictures taken in September at the Train Station
Random NYC shots (sad times that's no longer Lehman Bros.):
and Dexter in Midtown:
Currently listening to: "Gallop" by Pe'zmoku, the Bleach 16th ED Single.
I don't think that yellow mustard color was the way to go, but otherwise it all looks great. I'm not a big cookie person but lately I'm into Pepperidge Farm Verona blueberry cookies & the Bordeaux ones. I like crispy cookies, not all those soft ones. Are your cookies crispy? If so, save me some. lol I might try to bake a cake this weekend. I'll take pics if I do. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat yellow mustard colour was a mistake. I was hoping for a Fall colour yellow instead I got sunshiney yellow. Never you mind that!
ReplyDeleteI like Pepperidge Farm's cheesemen.
We'll trade - cookies for cake.
I'll be baking a pumpkin pie.
Did you see the thing about Janet?
Oh, I guess you needed a touch of orange then. lol
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about Janet, she's always in and out of hospital during her tours. Just be glad she didn't collapse on stage as has happened before.
The date for the concert didn't go yet so you shouldn't be so thankful yet because there could still be a stage fall for MSG.
ReplyDeleteI thought I was going to buy you stuff at MSG unless you got word that you'll be going solo?
You, Or2, are the exception to the presents rule. And with all the concerts that were postponed recently, fans were asked to re-enter for the backstage contests. I can't be bothered. Besides, I prefer presents to Janet, so I want your presents. (note: plural) lol)
ReplyDeleteIf J collapses during the show, we'll be there to snap all the pix to sell to the tabloids. I really hope our show doesn't get postponed. :( I will blame you if that happens. It's your evil mind power that could cause this. lol
ummm, I think you should re-enter!!!! For crap's sake, re-enter!
ReplyDeleteHa ha.
you know who I would blame? I'd blame H1. She is all about goat-assy mouthing things.
Dexter!! I LOVE YOU!!! I'll have your serial killer baby!...wait, maybe not.
ReplyDeleteThose train pics are spooky but great. I love the second one with all the colorific-ness.
I saw a crispy cookie on the cookie tray, he didn't look like the others, and I'm sure for that he was not decorated. Are these racist cookies?
Happy Birfday!!!!
That crispy cookies got eaten first because these are racial cookies - against the white ones. What? No. They were all good! I'm just sayin' the crisp ones were better.
ReplyDeleteI went out with you yesterday, and even though it was an early night - did you manage to go get yourself runk? Or was that this morning?
Thanks for the eats and wishes!
Those pics at the train station are awesome.....just frickin awesome. I miss Fall and the train station (tear).
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BDAY YOU....I was going to shizzle you, but decided I would spare you today.
The top pic at the train station is excellent! I am guessing that was the one without the flash.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant photography work.. grasshopper.
Don't you be grasshopper'ing me, CLee!
ReplyDeleteThanks but I will admit that I have no idea what I did. Still, it came out quite nice.
That's how skillful I am.