Thursday, December 11, 2008

Making Christmas (Part IV)... Assembling Treat Boxes

Lollipops were made of melted semi-sweet chocolate poured into Santa Claus Head molds, and wrapped up with extra holiday bags and tied with ribbon.






We made quite a number of them, with only 3 white chocolate ones sullying the lot. I keep saying it and will stand by what I believe - white chocolate's not really chocolate! In addition to which, it's a pain in the ass to melt; let us not discuss how I botched the first batch.

With the sugar cookies, lollipops and pear gruyere pie cups made, we assembled most of the Treat Boxes (Christmas Themed Chinese Take-Out Boxes, bought at Michaels. H1 and I would just like to say that Michaels is the best damned place we've been to in recent history).



On Monday, Sons made gulab jamoons and omg, those were amazing!





Only 2 friends got them, since only 2 appreciative Trinis were getting them...well, 1 appreciative Trini who gave me beautifully made, yummy sugar cookies as one of my pyos (Thanks, Gen!)



Note: Green Sugar Cookie Man was fortunate that he only lost a leg. There was a Sugar Cookie Massacre during my transport and two of them were beheaded. It was nightmarish and sad!

and one FRASS, who has yet to pick up his sad, lonely little box of treats!

He tells me though that he likes stale treats. And yes, Frass, I remembered how much you HATE pies, so you got none of that.

2 comments:

  1. Micheals is great :) I loved the boxes too. Yay for the treats! They were all so yummy. I'm still saving my choco santa. It's hard not to eat him though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks. I'm happy you liked the treats.

    Choco Santa deserves an eating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...