Alright, so again, the HOchies have pilfered something off another blog site. heh. heh. Anyway, it looked like fun...sooooo, here it is!
The object of this game is to guess the song names and artists using just the first few lines of the song which I'll give to you. I randomed my playlist and the first 21 songs that came up (with lyrics, obviously, duh) are listed here (21's a lot, yeah. I went a little bit out of control).
Oh and there are no duplicate artists, nor did I put any Japanese or tracks from anime or games (sorry Bughie J.).
My predictions - TD5, you will get most of these unless Battler beats you to it. Gen, you may be the only one to get number 3.
Alright then! All, please post your answers in the comments section!
*And bitches, no googling of lyrics or using any other search engines! Honestly, I thought these were pretty hard but you guys are awesome. I've faith.
1. We don't need no education says a young man,
Sitting in class (sitting in class)
School is out 3 o'clock on the dot
He had beef with some kids and he got shot
2. We were at a party, His ear lobe fell in the deep
3. I'm wearing thin, wearing out becoming weak
4. I am, I am, I am, I said I want to get next to you
5. When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me
6. I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
7. A picture in grey, Dorian Gray, just me by the sea
8. Yesterday I went outside, with my momma's mason jar
9. Another long quiet night...Another long quiet, lonely night spent at your side.
10. You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', I'm gonna send you back to schoolin'
11. Anchor the night, open the sky, Hide in the hours before sunrise
12. You're gonna break another heart, you're gonna tell another lie
13. A self-fulfilling prophecy of endless possibility
14. Take away the sensation inside, Bitter sweet migraine in my head
15. Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
16. Hey boy, take a look at me, Let me dirty up your mind
17. Give me a ride on a zephyr, And rocket away from here
18. City's breakin' down on a camel's back, They just have to go coz they don't know when
19. A new day another morning after, leaning back on my chair in a greasy spoon cafeteria
20. Visiting is pretty, visiting is good, seems that all they ever wanted was a brother
21. The mongrel cat came home, holding half a head
Yeah, I can see this could be quite annoying... good luck, guys!
Currently listening to: "Forced In" by Muse. Here's a hint - Muse didn't come up on the playlist so you can rule them out.
5. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
ReplyDelete-HOchie 1
Uh... no...
ReplyDeleteI would just like to clarify that"the Hochies" did not pilfer anything. It was or 2 alone who did it.
ReplyDeleteokay im at work and i didnt copy the letter so :
ReplyDeletestp-sex type thing
u2 w the dorian grey thingie
weezer-butterfly
sonic youth dirty up yr mind song (if its not them im off my game)
okay now i have to go back to the list.
alligator --is that bowie or is it greenday? is looking at yr ipod cheating?
ReplyDeleteokay. one of these is radio head . its either the mongrel cat (wtf is that, f cats) or the migrane song.
12. cash. i know he sang something like that.
10.whole lotta love led zepplin. why do you have zepplin on yr pod? i do too but come on.
17.a better way? i have no idea who sings it. something about medicine. i know i heard it.
18. i know i know this . is it audioslave? or soundgarden?
20. that sounds like foo fighters. which i hate.
1. thought it was pink floyd but could be artic monkies. no?
13. the t.yorke albulm i clean my guinea pigs cage to
2. have no idea. spoon?
3. nin nails?
11. sounds like death cab or the postal service but dont think you listen to them.
did i answer them all?
okay im gonna do one for you.
Yeah, looking at your ipod is cheating! And I can't give you a hint because I'm still waiting for TD5's response. Same for your Radiohead comment but good thinking.
ReplyDeleteThis quiz was hard...it sucked!
Anyway, let's see how you faired.
1. You're wrong on number 1.
2. Wrong on that too.
3. Wrong but since no one will get it, not even Gen, it's "Dying In Your Arms" by Trivium. Gen hates Trivium with a passion and that's why she won't get it.
4. Correct on STP
7. You and HOchie 1 got that it was U2 but you still didn't give me the song title, so I'll wait for TD5 to respond before I reveal the answer.
8. Correct on Weezer
16. Sorry to tell you but your game's off! It's not Sonic Youth.
12. Kudos on Cash. Now give me the song title!
10. Correct. Don't judge me and my Zep.! I got the entire discography on Sariel, the Pod.
17. Yeah. Keep guessing it.
18. Yeah, you should know this but no clues.
20. Foo Fighters it is. Song title, though, you won't give it 'cause you hate them. Dave Grohl is the man!
13. Thom Yorke, yes. Song title please.
11. Nope. Don't listen to the Postal Service, you're right but I do listen to Death Cab some.
Alright, if you did this on your blog, I'd fail like a miserable biatch. Your playlist must be ten times harder for me than mine is for you. Please don't make a failure out of me!