Thursday, February 21, 2008

More Concerns

A few things I've been meaning to address for a while now and some new horrid information that revealed itself today:

1. It's all going to shit. The amount of major earthquakes we've been having recently is simply ridiculous. Curse you, Plate Tectonics!
In light of this, I'm even more convinced now that we're all going to be dead sooner than later and by way of Mega Tsunami it is.

2. What the eff is this?!

(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) – Leonardo DiCaprio and Warner Bros. are teaming for a live-action adaptation of anime classic Akira, which started out as a manga in 1988 and was adapted into an animated film by Katsuhrio Otomo that same year. The original story was set in ''New Tokyo'' in 2019, after a nuclear war. A teen biker gang member is subjected to a government experiment that taps latent powers, and the gang leader is forced to try and stop the destruction that lies in his wake. The new adaptation will be set in ''New Manhattan,'' a city rebuilt by Japanese money. DiCaprio will produce via Appian Way. Ruairi Robinson is set to make his feature directorial debut on what is expected to be a two-part epic. The first film is tentatively scheduled for a summer 2009 release. (Hollywood Reporter)

source: www.ew.com, printed 02/21/2008

Seriously, like most other things that should be left alone...why does one think they can go ahead and ruin a perfectly great story that's been told the way it should be already?
I just really don't know how this is going to translate into live action. I was thinking maybe The Jim Henson Company could handle this possibly but my only fear would be that Tetsuo would end up looking like the Trash Heap and while somewhat fitting, it's just wrong.

Contrary to popular belief, the Trash Heap was never magnificent nor was it all knowing.

3. I'm not in love with the new MSI song. It kind of sounds too much like really old Mindless Self Indulgence. The one that got changed for a unique style instead of the whiny gothiness it was before. I think they're hanging out with too many assholes on their tours. And by assholes I mean My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park.

Here's hoping the album will not disappoint because I may have to cry.

Currently listening to: "Missing Perspective" from the Parasite Eve soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...