There were not many concerts or broadway shows we attended in 2008. I can't really do a list of what was the best and worst because all the bands we saw were good and the one broadway show we went to was hilarious.
The R.E.M. concert was plagued with B rated celebrities that made for an annoying concert experience and The Last Shadow Puppets had a terribly long wait at the beginning surrounded by hipsters who are always an annoyance.
I guess that makes The 39 Steps the best thing we saw last year since there was no drama involved and damn it, thank goodness I made sure to check the time before going because H1 would have had my hide.
2008 like all years, we shared many memories together. I decided to not only do a recap of the awesome times but also pick our best blogs posted by month. Being that May was the worst month ever, I don't think I'll even be looking at it.
Sometimes I may not be able to give a clear winner because taku, did we write a lot last year!
January
There was a survival guide. It's kind of funny because we just bought a survival guide to everything for a friend. I guess this time in January is prime Survival Guide season. Maybe we should market this one that we wrote for Beetchie as she embarked on her adventure in Grenada.
A trip to a cook your own dinner experience with a quiz book made for some good laughs but damn it, of course it'd figure that I'd be Robin.
February
Hands down, this is the winner. Every year we forget MC's birthday and last year was no different. His response to this blog was "how come I didn't get a nice Birthday greeting like everyone else?!" The truth was that we totally forgot again and posted it with some clever editing a few days later.
It even posts the title as "oh for eff's sake", which if anyone paid attention was the rastafarian cheese paste blog's title becuase that's what we originally had there on MC's drop day date.
Sealing the deal was the damned random song I was listening to as I posted that too.
We're sure to forget again this year but if he doesn't read this, he'll still never know. Heh heh heh.
Notable mention: Frass's favourite.
March
We had the most activity this month and out of the 34, I found 3 that we posted that I really enjoyed. I didn't put in the teary-eyed bachak or turtle so as to not traumatize Bughie J. again.
Here we've got Hong Kong, possible bird flu and a whole of nerdish behaviour on my part. I've not regretted it though!
Plagued by Jamaicans and chameleons?
And umm, this thing.
April
Yeah, MC. Here's another blow to you but what we blog is just true.
June
The month CLee showed up! We had lots of fun, from Mario Kart Racing to being confused by Duck Asses.
August
The ass of all months. No one likes August. There are no holidays, the tail end of summer just makes you remember how hot it's been and work is always an effin' pain.
Nothing good ever really happens in August either. Even a trip that was supposed to be fun times with Beetchie turned... slimey.
Then turned dangerous.
Bunji and I even got into a fight of magical creature proportions and saddened by things we hoped weren't a hoax but yeah, kind of were.
Robert Downey Jr. is awesome again but was always more awesome than MC.
And the devil made me do a lot of things, including write a whole lot in the month of nothing to do.
September
MC's starring but that's what happens when you're ridiculous, I guess.
September's usually pretty busy. I love Fall, so I'm all happy when the end of the month comes around. I was even happier this September because OMG, Frass FED US! Heh. Thanks, again Frass.
X wasn't happy but I sure was as hell laughed my ass off when this happened. Who knew Canadians could do something applaud worthy?
H1 and I spent quality time together.
October
Oh ho.
This was the consolidated blog month. I stopped blogging because H1 and I were fast approaching our 666th blog post and it was so close to Halloween, I staggered blogging by consolidating our very busy month just so I could legitimately post our annual Halloween ratings on that numbered post.
So, the whole month had fun times as October usually does but Emo Lumberjacks and H1's knowledge of Flounders are things that never cease to amaze.
November
November's all about food. The squirrels stock up for winter, as do the HOchieS. Well, it certainly seemed that way and this blog made most really hungry and really cranky with us.
It was also a first time for everything month. We voted in our first presidential election and hoped that we wouldn't have to go so far as wishing for a moosey fate.
You know, there's always a conspiracy of some sort and if Obama didn't win, we'd find a way to link it to Bughie J.'s other conspiracy...
December
The end of the year came quickly.
We made Christmas which was fun and too many good times to re-hash here (and it's late, so I'm getting really tired now).
Chinatown continues to amuse us and we hope for much of the same this year as last.
And as per usual, there was some damned debacle with these drunken louts.
We hope that this year, we'll have fewer bad times (even though it's already not started so fantastic but...we're hanging on) and more good memories to share together.
Currently listening to: "What If You Were Right First Time?" by Arctic Monkeys.
As for the month of February and the forgetting of my birthday..it was not without notice as I had secretly looked at your blog as we were speaking and no where was said post, leading me to believe that you had forgotten and tried to hoodwink me into believeing that you remembered. But Fie I say fie. You dare to put me on your end of year grievance list having forgotten my birthday and trying to cover up. You my friend ought not to grieve me and I immediately ask that Frass and or Amy Winehouse/X be made the leading offender of last year. And its not like I'm goiong on in this rant because my birthday is coming around again in 5 days, but wouldn't it be a bitch again if u forgot. I don't see how u would forget again after this post saying that its on the 25th but...well....u never know
ReplyDeleteLong live the Oxtails
I'm so going to forget again.
ReplyDeleteI'll try my best to remember but the 25th just a kind of forgettable day, I suppose.
As for the grievances, stop trying to be taken down from the number one spot because forgetting your birthday is not nearly as bad as your 2008 crimes.
Don't worry though, I suspect X will be top of this year's list.
The Oxtails are waiting for you to come around to rock some Roy Orbison.