Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Wash Out

Happy Halloween!

"A sunny, warm day", the weather people said and what happens?

The expected rain.
So Halloween was a bit of a wash this year thanks to the rain, and thanks to the rain some of kids' costumes cannot be seen under their coats but we commend them for coming out.

I am a failed cross-breed between Rock Band Zarnyx and Rock Band Sariel.

The house was nicely decorated, and did you all say hello to my little pumpkin friend on the blog layout for Halloween?

The House gets a "B+" for cuteness, and would have gotten higher marks if not for the cat in a noose in the front porch.

The kids I did see were not bad but nothing really to talk about - the usual witches and princesses. There was one little kid dressed as a red electric guitar and I almost picked him up and started belting out some riffs but I'm not sure anyone would find that amusing.

There was also one kid who refused a lollipop, saying that I should give it to his "lovely sister".

"She's awesome," I replied.

"She's a witch!" he yelled while running off.

Okay then.

H1 tells me, after I left, there was a boy with butterfly wings. Was it Nicholas from years ago?!

The kids got an "A-" for braving the rain.

We may not have gotten as many as our usual 100+ but we did get a good number still - 66 total.

Edit on Nov. 1, 2009:



2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I love the pumpkin! Sorry it rained. :( Hehe, the Electric Guitar costume sounds cool. Glad some made it by for candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween, Gen' Frien'!

    Yeah, it really poured on the pour kids and the younger kids didn't get to come out but that didn't stop those older brats! There were a lot of good-for-nothing teens who came around too, of course, not in costume.

    Thankfully, everyone was very polite and there were no worries.

    What did you do for Halloween? Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...