Great frenemies that we are however, we tried it without you all first to make sure it was even worth everyone's time.
It's a little bit of a haul from the office and is all the way on 10th Avenue and 48th St., and takes cash only.
We tried the food we would usually get at Pongsri except pineapple fried rice.
Fried Taro Cakes
Chicken and Mushroom Dumplings
The chicken and mushroom dumplings were our second appetizer. I don't really enjoy chicken dumplings but again, they were well-seasoned and tasty with good texture.
We then tried a Thai sausage fried rice. I'm not sure I liked the sausage that much but mainly because I think I am used to eating my lapchongs.
Thai Sausage Fried Rice
For once H1 was grateful for the cucumbers to cut the salt.
Thai Red Curry
We then ate a crispy fried duck and it was mega salty. I prefer pongsri's duck due to the texture (and too much salt on PRThai's). I know it said crispy fried duck but it was almost a wasted meal not being able to taste anything duck-like and to just have the duck fried to unrecognizable chewy bits of meat.
Ped Pad Grow (methinks) Duck -
Sure looks good in that picture now though.
I did not get to try a dessert there, nor do I even know what was on the menu but that's okay. There's always the next time! I did get a Thai Iced tea though and I liked it a lot. It was good on tea and not too sweet to have the sensation of drinking condensed milk.
Thai Iced Tea
I think right now Pam Real Thai might have a bit of an edge over Pongsri but needed to lay off the salt. There are lots more dishes to try, so the next is question is when will we all go together to make a proper decision on which place is better?
Mmm Thai Iced Tea..^_^
ReplyDeleteHeh, I know. It was pretty good here.
ReplyDeleteFail.
ReplyDeleteFrass, just because you don't see any golden triangles in the pictures does not mean you have to get on so stank.
ReplyDeleteLOL No triangles, salty duck, SAUSAGE (!?!) rice, CHICKEN (!?!) dumplings, RED (!?!) curry?????? WDM!!!!
ReplyDelete(WDM = Wha' de muddah)
I always eat the red curry and sausage fried rice (although chinese sausage) at Pongsri. I'm not sure there are even dumplings at Pongsri and I didn't even look for golden triangles.
ReplyDeleteI think this place definitely has potential.