Sunday, June 13, 2010

That Effin' Moonface

For a moment, there was excitement when I showed H1 the discovery I made in my Nintendo DSi Ware newsletter.



Oh how happy H1 was! She thought it was a game starring our favourites! Then she was less excited to discover it was only a book to be read on the DSi.  It's still exciting but less so for her, I think.  I was not sure how she wanted to play a game based on The Magic Faraway Tree.

She told me a story about how she would slide down the Slippery Slip and explore whatever crazy new world was atop the Magic Faraway Tree.

I've always wanted to eat a real google bun or pop biscuit but H1...she wants to push that Moonface down the Slippery Slip.

She has always had a hate for Moonface, she tells me.

Then, as if her rage was not bad enough for not only not having a game based on Enid Blyton's classic to play... she made note of "certain changes" to the text.



H1: Who the eff is Rick?!
Or 2:..What?
H1: "...their cousin Rick"?! Who is RICK???!!!!
Or 2: Oh.  It's Dick. Ohhhh.  They...changed it.

Currently listening to: "The Fool on the Hill" by The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...