Doctor Who
The HOchieS were fans of the Fourth Doctor many years ago. That series starring Tom Baker, was one we grew up watching as children. A love of science fiction was more than likely shaped by our many hours watching that funny man with big curly hair, and long colourful scarf as he travelled around the Universe and time in a Police Box, fondly known as TARDIS. Recently, I started watching the current Doctor Who series starring Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor. With Steven Moffat (Coupling) as the head writer.
Matt Smith, The Eleventh Doctor
Having not watched the series in about oh...25 years, I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. I discovered that Steven Moffat was writing and that was reason alone to be interested. Then I saw that a new, really young actor was cast in the role of The Doctor. Times change but was it just some sort of idiotic plot to pump new blood into an already long-standing, well-established series to capture a young demographic? After watching the two part episodes involving the Weeping Angels, I must admit - I'm enthralled by Matt Smith. He can be a little hard on the eyes (but if he turns to the side, he's just fine) but his acting is superb. He speaks quickly and I cannot catch it all sometimes but he's doing a fantastic job playing this complicated character. He's harsh, witty, can be cute in ways, quirky and downright bitchy.



No comments:
Post a Comment