It may not be Halloween today but it also is not Winter either, yet here we are on October 29th with snow - really heavy, blizzard-like snow and 50mph winds expected later - just 2 days before Halloween.
2 days... Before Halloween!
I expect this kind of nonsense in Binghamton. When we used to go to University there, this was not an uncommon sort of thing. In fact, snow was not a stranger in July in that place.
But here, and for this amount of snow, well it's a little bit shocking.
 |
| I know - oo, shocking! |
With the stores pushing Christmas decorations and shopping even earlier this year, I somehow feel that maybe I can all Conspiracy Shenanigans with this coming of snow!
But for the fear of being called crazy, I will keep my crazy musings to myself and resist the urge to wrap presents.
Instead, I lived dangerously and stupidly by going outside to take pictures for proof. I say dangerously because as I was standing outside under the big tree, a sizeable branch snapped off and fell into the street. I was no where near it which is great, because I probably would not be writing this.
 |
| that orange thing is a pumpkin. And it is sad. |
 |
| a giant branch that luckily did not destroy the power lines. |
 |
| The Doctor looks out. "Stop," he says, "stop." |
 |
| The flowers and small trees have all been destroyed |
 |
| Ded |
 |
| Yeah, ded. |
 |
| Not what H1 likes to see |
 |
| Berries |
 |
| This could be winter like and not really Fall like. Where'd these berries come from. |
 |
| Conspiracy! |
 |
| Poor dead bird feeder. Luckily, no birds were harmed in the photographing of this house. |
 |
| H1 was not not happy to see the carnage that was her garden. "Fuck the Cosmos", she says. |
 |
| She has nothing else to say. |
Anyway, snow is falling and we're about to go make some parsad.
Life is funny like that.
Currently listening to: "I Bet That You Look Good on the Dancefloor" by Arctic Monkeys.
No comments:
Post a Comment