It's a mostly stupid observation really but a few years ago, I realised that video games have warped our little minds some.
For most genres that I've played, if there's a major muck up then your character 'dies' until you re-load your data.
After years of playing games such as these, the declarations of "I'm going to die!" or "I died!" have been so ingrained in my brain that their use have filtered into other genres as well.
For instance, I'm playing "Tetris" - is it really that I die when the blocks get stacked too high? No, really it's that I've lost or failed but "died"? A little extreme, if I do say so.
This is not something that I've noticed of myself, either. I think we've a world of gamers out there who proclaim the same. Beetchie can attest to this when the other night, she was running out of time to roll up a katamari to the allotted size and proclaimed, "I'm going to die!!!!!". The real result was that the planet Mars did not get built and the King of Cosmos didn't kill her, literally. He may have killed her spirit by calling her a "L O S E R" but otherwise, her character was breathing.
In an unrelated matter, this week a friend (or so she says!) from primary school contacted me. Now, I was about 7 or so when I knew her. And to be honest, I don't remember her that well, being that my brain is shot from work and age. Hell, I can't even remember what I ate last week Monday (notice I've a 2 week memory span)!
I do recall her somewhat though and worse, H1 says we used to be best friends. I'm not even sure it's the same person that I'm thinking of but it just hit me, that if it is, yeah, we were quite close. Sorry for being a flake childhood friend!!!! But I remember now!
Anyway, apparently she remembered me "BECAUSE you liked rock and you were the kid who wore a denim jacket with rock patches on it".
But you people see that, right?
First, I used to like rock since I was really young - the Iron Maiden and such. Which is great but that leaves me questioning what the ass happened when I went through my 3 month Sir-Mix-A-Lot phase. I was lost for a while, apparently but meh, I'm not even sure that even happened either because everyone is welcome to go through my CD collection to show that I don't have that in it. Thank you, very much, H1.
Second, OMG, I used to wear denim?! With patches on it?!
It's all a blatant lie!
Liiiiieeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
That's a gross fabrication if I ever did see it.
Now let me go burn the picture that says otherwise.
What about that black and red jacket? The MJ phase or the David H aka Knight Rider phase jacket? We have pics to show this.
ReplyDelete- H1
I believe the MJ phase was Budgie.
ReplyDeleteNot that I'm saying I went through a phase, that phase being David H. aka Knight Rider. I'd like to think of it as the Kit jacket. Not so much the Knight Rider.