Because I forgot to post this on the previous blog on this but really should have remembered, I'm giving it it's own.
Before I begin, I have said time and again that I am not an otaku. Beetchie, you're not an otaku either. We're anime lovers and certain things we love about Japan but we're not sad, little maubies.
And thus begins my observation:
On "Otaku":
This is very specific to the American weople who believe themselves to be "otaku". How come...they're mostly maubies? Akward, self-righteous maubies who are misguided to label themselves as such?
I tried hard to curb my embarrassment when this week on American Idol (hey, it's that season again and Momma HOchie has control on the television, and therefore while I eat dinner I watch whatever she has on), my eyes received the following lashing:
::sigh:: Don't make anime loving people look like idiots, you idiot.
It's appalling and reminds me of many of the people I knew. What. a. freaking. nightmare.
Ugh, I have a headache.
On Celebrities:
I'm certain Armageddon is upon us. 2012 is just around the corner and it has me seriously worried - misguided Conspiracy Theorist that I am. Somewhere out there is someone blogging about what an idiot I am to be making a mockery out of Conspiracy Theorists. Heh.
What I am uncertain about however, is the number of celebrity deaths in the short span of time. Scarier is the fact that many of them are under 30. What the heck is going on? Last year was the bad year to be a celebrity and not much seems to be changing for 2010.
What a horribly, tragic week this has been for Haiti and many of us in the world too.
Currently listening to: Not sure. Is that the fish tank filter or is it raining?
re. american idol. The pot. The kettle. The blackness.
ReplyDeletewait. V Beckham is on this now? What does she know about music? Oh right. Spice Girls. The pinnacle of talent.
ReplyDeleteThat chick needed more than a couple voice coaches over 14 years though.
I don't know where you're going with this, Frass.
ReplyDeleteI just don't know...
Pish Posh is looking so skeletal, it's not cute.
ReplyDeleteI read somewhere that there was a rumour that London thinks it's a great representation of all the awesome music they have over to reunite the Spice Girls for the Olympics... yes, of all the talent from the UK, let's bring the Spice Girls back.
Hmm "Otaku" girl...yeah.
ReplyDeleteNo one can work a catwalk like Posh. No one.
ReplyDeleteIf walking a catwalk were an Olympic event, are you telling me Pish Posh would win?
ReplyDeleteSo sad it's not. Now let's move along and let's keep her off that stage and away from the poor eyes of many.
I'm not sure I'm buying your story, Frass - perhaps back in the day when she has more meat on the bones but now I fear her head and gravity might weigh her down. It's amazing she can walk, period.
Gen...I almost feel sorry that my blog has been dirtied by that video but I could not be the only one to suffer having to see it.
I don't know why the Brits chose to sustain her popularity. Must be all those years of sharing the same bathwater & swallowing bacteria from unbrushed teeth that have corrupted their brains. But I digress. I love the Brits today, really. They make great snacks. The food needs salt and spices but their snacks are on the money! What was I even talking about? Oh, Posh. Yes, she's a lollipop without flavor today. Maybe Mr. Beckham is trying to starve her to death? Good luck. I bet she can survive on a lettuce leaf for 2 weeks.
ReplyDelete! Don't you be talkin' bad about my brits! Oh crap, that reminds me...I forgot to bring the candy in to work today - the yummies cadburys you gave me.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of Cadburys, did you see that Kraft Foods bought them out for 19.5 billion? It's all over...now all our chocolates will taste like cheez wiz.
As for Pish Posh...she probably eats a hamster pellet every 2 weeks. The lettuce leaf might slay her - too much food.
That girl reminded me of those two girls you guys went to school with in Bing... Claire and April, right?
ReplyDeleteI don't know how the hell Kraft makes so much money to buy anybody for over $19 billion. Kraft makes what - Mac & Cheese, Kool-Aid, Philadelphia Cream Cheese & Oreos? Wait... I do like an Oreo every now and then... lol
ReplyDeleteThere is a picture in USA Today of a Cadbury bar coming out of a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. That's just sacrilegious and disgusting. I'm going to write them demanding an apology!
(I have some Digestives left but that's it. I need to ask my cous to send me more Curly Wurlies & Catches. Those went the fastest here!)
Again I forgot to bring in my candy.
ReplyDeleteI think I will join in your demand for an apology.
Aims was trying to say that someone already owned Cadbury before this happens, so she thinks they won't change the formula. I don't know...I seem to recall Nestle making "Cadbury Roses", and that was a major disappointment.
Oye, I know you just went to London recently but TD5, H1 and I may be going in September. Any interest?
Kraft owns Starbucks coffee (supermarket distribution). nuff said. they gots the money.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder their coffee tastes of cheese wiz!
ReplyDelete