That's just blind speak and should not be taken seriously. I do not have an educated outlook on the subject having never been to France or knowing someone who could tell me otherwise. One should also consider that the only part of my French classes in the early 90s that I remembered was that Jean Paul, Pierre and the girl (what was her name again, H1?) were always getting into trouble but in this order: They went on holiday, ate ice-cream and were always getting into trouble.
Oh, and it may have rained on them too.
Moving on, let me tell you all a bit about lunch at Financier.
It was expensive. The portions were small. But the food was delicious.
Alex had a potato salad which was okay. It needed a bit of salt but otherwise, I think I may have actually liked it.
potato salad
She and I both had the truffle oil, whatever and whatever (it's been a while since I ate it - June 17th to be exact, so I've forgotten what was in it and refuse to look it up!) quiche. Although I may not at this moment remember what was in it, I can say that I remember everything about the taste.
I could eat quiche right now!
It was a brilliant quiche and all quiches that I may have had in the past or had after that, have failed in comparison.
I must also say that the salad was even good. What is the world coming to?
Salad. Hmm, definitely could
have used more quiche and less salad. Heh.
H1 had some sort of sandwich that involved beef and mushrooms. Maybe some truffle oil again? It was also a brilliant sandwich.
Aims had a salad which said was quite good. All I know is that I have a strange love of boiled eggs these days and Aims was willing to share some of hers with me.
Next we ate desert. I had a flan filled with pears. It was not the traditional creamy type of flan I am used to, but I still liked it. I did not go crazy over it, though.
Alex had some sort of flourless chocolate cake which she said was okay. Aims went with a raspberry tart which was yummy and H1 had macarons.
Pistachio and banana macarons.
We have discovered that of the macarons Financier has to offer, thus far the pistachio is the best. BH will agree as he enjoys him one of those too. He is awfully high class sometimes.
It's very good. He wants one this coming Monday.
Edit: Alright fine. I looked it up. The quiche was a mushroom, gruyere and white truffle oil quiche. And now, I am hungry.





No comments:
Post a Comment