Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bringing Insanity to (Video Game) Life

I finally purchased Scribblenauts and started playing at H1's request.

While the game controls are not sharp and quite frankly make me really pissy, the concept of the game is pure brilliance.

H1 and I seem to lack that brilliance sometimes but who's really checking?

Regardless, we have had some fine moments in our 4 days of gameplay.



Take a puzzle about ants, and a hippie for instance...


Hmmm, how to not upset the hippie and not kill the ants...



Makes sense to me! What he doesn't see won't upset him!


How about this puzzle?


Hmmm, what can I put there in the pit of doom...what...what...



What? Was that wrong? Hippies are terrifying!



Oh, not as terrifying as cavemen I guess.  Oh well, Die Hippie Die!



In case anyone wanted to know what pit monsters the hippie had to deal with...



My initial solution to this puzzle was to use a Dragon and that took out everything.  Then I used a vampire which did not even want to bite the caveman.  Next up was the plague which only put the caveman to sleep...what? Even the pneunomic plague? The Zombie ate the Caveman's brain but got annihilated by the Griffin.  Next came B's favourite....


At first it was too big to get into the cave area but the second time around...


No one stood a chance.

Memorable Conversation of the Day:

Or 2: So B.! I started playing Scribblenauts and you can think of just about anything and it'll be there!!!!
Beetchie: Ooo! Put Cthulu!!!!!
Or 2: What...? I already did...what the hell is a Cthulu?! I only put it in because I saw it in a faq!
Beetchie: You don't know what Cthulu is? That is disappointing.  I feel like that is common knowledge.
H1: Yeah, Geek Knowledge...

Currently listening to: Beetchie on the phone.

4 comments:

  1. How lucky are you to be spared knowing about Cthulhu? I think every time I have to work on some band artwork he comes up without fail. I attempt to detract people from his clutches but they will hear nothing of it unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how metal heads/'former' metal heads and Cthulhu go hand in hand.

    Your comment was cracking me up...but yes, I do pity you having to know about cthulhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's right, and Gen tells me and we laugh at them!

    Cthulhu is Deathmetalese for 'cliche.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have disturbing news...today in Scribblenauts, Cthulhu was bested by the Hydra!

    I felt all my awe leave my body in a one. It was rather sad.

    And if Cthulhu was bested by Hydra, who could best Hydra?

    Zeus, obviously.

    Zeus smote the Hydra and all was right with the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...