Friday, September 05, 2008

Time Off

It was not exactly how I wanted to spend a semi self-imposed early dismissal yesterday but when we left work at 2:30 PM, there was much to be done.

Poor Boobey has been ill so he went to the doctor. That was at 4:20.
Then we went to the DMV to renew H1's license. That lasted only 30 minutes.

However, there's almost always something amusing to find and that's no exception at the DMV, a place full of misfits, miscreants, miffed government workers and less than merry customers.

The amusement of the time spent there involved the pen dispenser.



For 25 cents, one could get a pen that is FULLY GUARANTEED to work. The pen and the machine, I think are both guaranteed to work. H1 thinks that's a lie since they look like the same damned pens that have been there for 4 years now.

But it was interesting to note that, in case the GUARANTEED to work pen didn't work, you could call for service.

You know, just in case.



If you noticed though, you can't really because all the service number stickers have been scratched out.

I guess they stand by their earlier claim of fully functional equipment.

As H1 and I discovered, even with 25 cent pens, people will always go for free, even if free is tethered to a metal chain -



Currently listening to: "Vaati's Wrath" by Mitsuhiko Takano, from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap Original Soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...