Wednesday, September 09, 2009

War With the Mushrooms

The mushrooms became fearful of me some time in the past.

The fairies cowered at the sight of my foot, as carnage approached their homes (although H1, there's no such things as fairies!).

A favourite pastime of mine is waking early in the morning, walking out into the yard and causing devastation to the little off-white monstrosities that dot our lawn in October.

It's one more reason to love Fall.

This summer I got a little lucky.

The white caps poked out from the grass and I began my rampage.

Every morning for about 3 weeks, I have been having a kicking fest in the yard.

I have also passed the tradition down to BooHead, so that he too may find great joy in the simple things.

Then I got word that the mushrooms have decided to fight back.

With hardly a mushroom in sight for the past few days, I became disheartened but today I found out that there's something brewing in a tree at the side of H1's house.

A giant something that's sprouting a mini-army, surely to challenge my authority.

It's high up where I cannot reach it but I know it's waiting to attack me somehow. Soon.







Currently listening to: "Don't Be Afraid" by Nobuo Uematsu, from the Final Fantasy VIII Original Soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I posted this weeks ago.
    I feel sorry for all the fairies lost during that time you lapsed.

    Aharharharharhar.

    There's no such things as fairies, anyway.

    heehee!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...