Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Birthday Month goes on and on and on.

Hochie 1... or 2 signing in.

It is really ass cold today but at least it is not raining anymore...

Hochie or 2 has already filled you in on its thoughts about the month so what do I have to add?
Well, to begin with I spent quite a trainload of mons on the birthday month because as we all know or will come to know, Hochie or 2 loves it some material wealth and that Hochie is quite wealthy. It really has been a good month so far with the U2 concert on the 7th that really was extraordinary as usual. Bono is still yummy even when he preaches. The Edge looks great, sounds great. Larry is sporting his Irish mohawk again but I still lurve him and Adam is as underappreciated as ever. Keane opened for them at the Garden and sounded better than expected but still the kind of band I appreciate more in the car rather than in concert. I totally recommend a U2 concert to anyone...even you out of your gourds, self-proclaimed "non-fans". I already converted 2 people and will continue to press on with that - an addendum to my life's work.

October 8: "Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" opened and we ventured forth we three to give Nick Park our money in the dead of night when we were sure that any responsible parent would have their offspring in bed. Surprised at the number of elderly couples there arsen around with us while two of us three thoroughly enjoyed W&G.

Week of October 9: So while it may not be the rain and storming of Katrina proportions, our part of the world labored under 7 days of rain which resulted in our basement becoming soaked and now smelly. Lots of wet vacuuming ensued but to no avail. The carpet is coming out and the work begins. I have too many books but in that vein, why are books not recyclable in this town? There are some that I cannot donate but that does not mean that I just want to throw them in the city dump since that seems such a crime. Crap for crap. We ended the work week us 2 and three more with the Foo Fighters/Weezer concert that I have to say kicked arse. Weezer is phenomenal. Rivers is chibi. The bassist Scott is the hottest geek I have ever seen and I am hating on that girl who cheated a qualified person a chance to play onstage with Weezer so she essentially ruined some person's chance, Weezer's wonderful overture and gave me a few days of murderous thoughts.
[Give me a few lines more here on this because I have to get it out of my system - What part of "okay, we need someone who can really play acoustic guitar to come up here and help us out on Undone" did she not understand??!! Wait, wait, she must be of lesser intelligence or was caught up in a selfish moment or just really wanted to look like a ginormous idiot or all. Her parents must be so proud, which reminds me that I am hating on them too for producing that piece of quality from their loins. Okay. Done.]
Foo Fighters rocked. Us 2 sat down for "My Hero" and I would have sat down for "Monkey Wrench" if not for the fact that they closed the show with that song. Thank you Kurt Cobain for the Foo Fighters.

October 15: We set off to the Jack O'Lantern Blaze last night and were wowed by some of the alleged 3,000 pumpkins that were carved and decorating the Van Cortlandt Manor estate. I feel that for 12USD, I should not have had to suffer so many creative-less pumpkins that littered my eyesight at the beginning of the trail but they were nearly forgotten by the time we got to the celtic section and then the underwater series. Quite impressive. Of course, after getting my blood pressure down and feeling a smile in my heart that made its way to my face, we were herded into a gift shop! I almost ran over a kid trying to get out of there to preserve the smile in my heart if not on my face. On another note, We 2 were quite amused to see Jeebus carved on a few pumpkins showing the world that Pagans and Christians can coexist even if it is on a little orange pumpkin.

Audioslave on the 29th. The good times go on and on.

The Baby Next Door has turned Terrible Two and we are worried.


Song for the Day: "Perfect Situation" - Weezer
Show for the Day: Samurai Champloo
Thought for the Day: Killing Chu Chus is not as satisfactory as chopping bushes.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...