Dominic Howard and Matthew Bellamy of the band Muse are fans of Klaxons, according to an interview in the NME, and have been to a number of their gigs. They also recently asked Jamie of Klaxons if they would support them for their two Wembley stadium concerts to which he reportedly replied "nah, we don't support anyone" (as reported by the band on a recent Drowned In Sound podcast). The band, who afterwards expressed regret stating alcohol to be a factor in their refusal of the support slot, have since been re-approached and confirmed that they in fact do wish to play with Muse.
Matthew Bellamy has re-opened his offer to Klaxons to support them at the upcoming Wembley gig, when he became aware of the confusion he told NME: "Is that what they've said? Well OK, if they're still up for it, we'll bring them on!" [4] They have still not been confirmed as one of the three bands to support them on both dates. - source, wikipedia on the Klaxons.
I found this article to be hilarious. Now I'm obsessed with listening to these guys. It kind of scares me that they're often classified as "nu rave" because I'm not sure we should be ravin' anymore but I'll bring them on too! I need to sort them out myself...
Currently listening to: "Naive" by The Kooks.
No comments:
Post a Comment