Monday, February 22, 2010

Back at the Top

I finished No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle last night, which means I'm currently ranked at No. 1.

I'm not sure how I feel about this game after having really loved the first one.  I was incredibly happy at the end as the last boss fight was insane, and the end credits were just beautiful to watch and reminiscent of Kill Bill.

But herein lies the dilemma: Overall, the bosses mostly lacked personality, style and the technical oomph to beat.

The game's still pretty good though with the soundtrack amped up and much more bad-assed than before (read: A must-have, Bughie J.! Heh.), the 8-bit games were good times, Travis still has the best lines and I still found myself swooning over him and his twin Henry, dialogue was stellar as always but the story took too serious of a turn for me and the fact that Travis is not going to be in it anymore (eff you, Sylvia! Man, I hated her), I'm not sure what there is to look forward to.

Other than to ask H1 if she saw me coming for her rank, I am writing to report that I had a bit of nerd rush (and nervous scare) as the end credits rolled.

Takashi Miike.

Don't think I didn't see that!

I won't spoil it for Beetchie if she wants to play but talk about a.w.e.s.o.m.e - o.

Next up on the gaming list: Okami.

Hm, I can't remember the last time I burned through games like this (I finished Hotel Dusk: Room 251 yesterday as well).

All due to the fact that I had a pile sitting there and wanted to get as much done before FFXIII.  Though I have say, with Square Enix screwing 'me' over and the mixed reviews coming out, I'm not really feeling too excited to play this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...