The power of NJ's evil is so great, that not even a giant Japanese supermarket could save it.
The HOchieS & Co. took an afternoon out to visit Mitsuwa - the much talked about Japanese Supermarket complete with a huge Japanese food court, bookstore, steak house and Japanese-centric accessories, toys and knick knacks.
The food court was alright. I opted to go with a spicy miso ramen. It was not bad and the pork was definitely a lot better than what I get at Sapporo. It was melty (as they called it) i.e. fattier and just what pork should be when it is in some ramen in my opinion.
Sadly though, I will never be able to re-create a great bowl of ramen as I did at the Ramuen Museum in Tokyo.
The Supermarket proved to be quite the let down too.
I think the problem with it is that I could get most of the items from it at J-Mart and the Chinese grocery in Chinatown or WP, leaving me unimpressed.
We then headed next door to see if we could find some toys, presents, something... the store certainly had lots but felt fairly 'junky' but on top of it feeling 'junky', it did not have 'junky' prices. It was expensive in there!
All in all, it was a pretty big fail but we should have known better.
NJ's joy in proving that it is Hell managed to route us in the direction of LOST. Some may say it was the GPS' fault that we were lost and ended up in a trucker's service station but the evil magnetic field that Jersey's got effed up the GPS for sure.
Frass, in a somewhat related issue, I decided to call you as I usually do when I'm in your Hellish State and got your mother.
Why that woman hates me, I don't know but please let me know her response if she ever gives you my message that I called.

I agree. It sucks.
ReplyDelete