
Had wafels and dinges from the tricked out truck again. This time, I got $1 off my order for scribbling the name of my favourite play on the chalk board as part of their "Question of the Day" segment.
(Mine was the very last one on the line, written in purple. How appropriate! Humiliate grapes...purple. Wait, I guess humiliated grapes are more of a dark brown shade, eh?)
Thursday, July 9th:
No luncch? How about Kim's Aunt's Kitchen for some fried fish sandwiches? We never tried it before and it was good. Sometimes, there are certain foods you can't really go 'wrong' with and fried just about anything is one of them. Though, I hope to never have to eat my words on that (or 'bad' fried food either).
I saw no sign of Kim or Kim's Aunt, or any Koreans for that matter but H1 informs me that's the mystery.
I guess we won't be going back to find out because while it was a decent eat, that's all it was. There's no need to run back there anytime soon, if ever. Although, we do hear the bulgogi is pretty good...
Monday July 13th:
The cats in the window on 48th!
It seems they are in festival mode right now and some owls have joined in the fun. Every morning, H1 and I say hello to our little friends, and every morning they greet us with wagging tails.
Though, for a while there the black one was none too happy at the start of summer. He seems to be doing better now that he's being festive, with an abundance of sea life to feed him and his pals.
The Tea Egg with Beetchie's Taiwanese Style Fried Chicken

After the debacle a couple of weeks ago, H1 and I skipped off to NYC Cravings EARLY so as to avoid another 40 minute wait in line for some meat.
We were first in line, and early enough to purchase an overpriced tea egg for Beetchie's lunch. You know, Asians and their eggs...it's the one Asian thing I'm slowing getting used to (being half faux Asian ourselves, H1 and I often have a hard time understanding such things).


A girl from 'one of those food blogs' was there and took pictures of my luncch. I'm not sure why she didn't get luncch of her own but whatev. We will be on the lookout to see if and where pictures of our food ended up.
Currently listening to: "Dare" by Gorillaz.
No comments:
Post a Comment