This time, H1's brain spurted out: Let's go to the MoMa on Thursday and then to Pommes Frites with Frass!
Her mouth was quick to follow.
My ears were within reach of brilliance and jumped all over her plan.
Plans changed somewhat as sadly, Frass could no longer meet us for our adventure.
We ended up going to the MoMa, and try as I might I could still not get a good picture of the entrance to the exhibit.
Then we ran through the new Picasso Exhibit, after which we decided to do dinner.
We opted instead to visit Menchanko-Tei on 55th.
We then decided it would be in our best interest to taunt Beetchie with photos of takoyaki and various other eats.
Really, I will say that H1 decided to do that.
She's a bit evil, that one.
I'm the evil one who will re-post the pictures here so that Beetchie may see them again.
Don't worry, Beetchie.
They weren't as good as the ones at St. Mark's
Dear Karubi, we miss you at Sapporo.
The noodles are there under all of that
and the type was called 'Assari'.
Look Beetchie, half of a boiled egg! I have creds now, right?
H1's Menchanko dish. It was pretty good,
minus the mochi that tried to choke her.
I might have to get a staff shirt.
The sake? Not bad.
The other thing I should mention is the shady nature of this place. When we arrived, we were led through a dark corridor way at the back of the restaurant. For a while, I was scared we were being led to be ingredients in a dish. Instead, we were led to where some weople were sitting. Ugh. Well, eventually all Asians took over the place but really...talk about scary times. We did not get a good picture of the shade but trust us, it was quite the harrowing experience.
Oops, this was on our to work that morning. Love this building!
The air-conditioning units are an eyesore though.
In this edition of
Where in the World are The HOchieS...
Ah, my favourite building in the vicinity of the MoMa.
Just maybe, I may have been
obsessed with the light on
and this particular building.
I could not get a decent one of the trees in the corner.
How easy on the eyes these buildings are.
And then there's this that is not as easy on the eyes.
Grand Central.
How soon I would see this again...
I should mention that H1 and I were too late to Cafe Zaiya to get our Green Tea Ice-Cream.
Bother.
Or was it?
Memorable Quotes of the Day:
Or 2: You know the set of barber knives from Sweeney Todd in the exhibit?
H1: Yeah, that was cool.
Or 2: Yes...the entire time I was looking at them, all I could think was "wow. These things touched Alan Rickman."
H1: More like, cut off his head!
Or 2: Yes, that too.
Or 2: You know the set of barber knives from Sweeney Todd in the exhibit?
H1: Yeah, that was cool.
Or 2: Yes...the entire time I was looking at them, all I could think was "wow. These things touched Alan Rickman."
H1: More like, cut off his head!
Or 2: Yes, that too.
H1: Picasso was a whore.
Or 2: I'm seeing a trend here. He will distort the faces, but never the breasts...
H1: I told you, Picasso was a whore.
H1: What's a little gas between shistahs?
H1: What's a little gas between shistahs?




No comments:
Post a Comment