An entire month went by during this Time Skip.
The strangest thing happened (as if that wasn't strange enough) but it seems as though we jumped into the future for an entire month and then, went back to the present!
And when we time skipped one month in the future...The HOchieS went to Cafe Zaiya again!
(How did the rest of you spend time during YOUR own Time Skips? Or did that only happen to us?)
One month from having the greatness of a tuna bread or a mochi doughnut is quite the strain on The HOchieS. Luckily, the Time Skip made it seem like it was just last week we went there.
Unfortunately, the Time Skip could not guarantee either of those delicious eats.
Such is the chance one takes when entering the future, I reckon.
Instead we got these munchies:
Beef Curry Pan
There's no sense in denying it now.
I have acquired a taste for Japanese curry.
It has become a sort of train-wreck in decision making for me. I actually crave Japanese curry whenever I go into a Japanese fast food type establishment.
I have always had this ringing in my head that if it says "curry" then it should taste good. But then I tasted Japanese curry and it was anything but! Still, my beliefs were so grounded that all curries should be great, that it made me keep wanting to try Japanese curried things. My beliefs made me want to believe that Japanese curry is good.
I could barely stand to eat it in Japan. I even went so far as to try it twice on the same day and was *horrified* both times. I was convinced I could never genuinely like it.
At some point soon after I came back home after our Japanese trip, I tried again because I am a lover of torturing myself.
Now, I am a convert.
Or...at least I fancied myself as such until I had the above pictured curry pan.
In all seriousness, the curry pan reminded me of why I did not like Japanese curry to begin with: the sickening sweetness.
Have no fear, though! I will still eat Japanese curry and I still crave it. The curry pan was a reminder of times not so distant in the past of my dislike but it would take more than that for me to undo my mental training.
Before the bite
The first bite. No curry yet but I see it coming.
Truthfully, I am not a true convert yet.
I am always still wary of J-Curry.
But man is that bread good. It's fried though so there's no surprise.
No comment
Next up, a familiar friend.
Hello, beef croquette.
A Newbie:
This was H1's dinner pick.
It was some sort of creamy corn, bacon, onion bread concoction. It somehow seemed familiar to me but with a massacre of onions on hand, I could not take part.
H1 says it was okay but I don't think she really loved it.
We then moved on to a friend in disguise:
In hiding too, it seems.
Come here, Mochi Doughnut! Don't be shy!
Why are you covered in chocolate and powdered sugar?
It was unexpected yet not.
Mochi doughnuts or all doughnuts for that matter, do not need to be covered in chocolate.
I know, it may have seemed like a good idea at the time but it ruins a perfectly good doughnut.
It did not taste as spectacular with the chocolate, the staleness or the powdered sugar.
It was really sad but someone had to eat it.
You can't see it, but it's chewy goodness texture inside.
I was determined to try the Black Sesame soft-serve ice-cream but it was not meant to be. Instead, I went with the Green Tea cake.
I didn't eat the thing on top.
I left it for Papa HOchie. I wonder what it was. I will ask.
A beautiful cake, that.
I ate piece today (the present, yes...how did it stay so fresh?!) and I really enjoyed it. It has a layer of cream and some sort of azuki paste layer as well.
And thus ends H1 and Or 2's Excellent Adventure.
Party on, Doods!
(oo, that reminds me that I really should go visit my prinnies...)



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment