Friday, April 02, 2010

"One Ha' Penny, Two Ha' Penny"


Hot Cross Buns

The days of Momma HOchie's waking at 4 a.m. on Good Friday to bake us up a fresh batch of hot cross buns were over even before we became recovering Catholics.  Rightly so, I may add.  That woman slaved enough for us when we were kids, and still does daily.

Tonight (Thursday night), she surprised me.

Even before I got into the house, I could smell something wonderful.  

I was greeted by those beauties and even though it's Holy Thursday today, it does not matter.

What matters is that Momma HO is funny and the best...even if I did have to hear her hateful, taunting rendition of "Hot Cross Buns" before work and periodically throughout the day.

I should have known she was up to something but I really did not expect all this.

"They're heavy," she says but I think they're just heavy on love.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! :D That's so nice ^_^ They sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate one this morning. It was really good on taste but indeed really dense. That's okay. It's been so long since I ate one, I don't even remember what I'm missing. Har har.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...