Saturday, April 10, 2010

Observations, Revelations and a Thank You

Observation (revisited):

How many years has it been since Apple first released the iPod?
 
Yesterday on the train, someone sitting two seats in front of me was blasting her Susan Boyle for me to hear.

I've been saying this for years but will say it again: Are people STILL killing their ears with those crappy ear buds Apple insist on packaging with their products?

It's not that woman's fault she's blasting way high.  Thanks to inferior sound quality, she needs to crank up the volume to hear anything!

Poor, poor people.

Oh and Apple? Thanks for ruining my daily experience by having to hear other people's music libraries.

Revelation I (revisited):

Yesterday, Beetchie was told that she has lots of patience.

I'm told that constantly by H1.

The reason I have determined, is our playing video games.

H1 is always amazed (and slightly disgusted) that I can try to 'win' something over and over again, no matter how many times I may need to restart.

But I ask of thee, who does not want to be ultimately rewarded for hours of hard work?

99 Tonberries - Beetchie and I are looking at you.

A thank you is in order: to video games, for giving us the super power of Patience.

Revelation II:

As much as I want to dislike Josh Homme, I cannot tell a lie.

The Them Crooked Vultures album is sounding pretty good so far.

I was trying to boycott that damned album because I am currently an angry elf at that man but Amazon allowed me to buy for $2.99.

I still don't like him for his bastardization of Arctic Monkeys and that is something I will never forgive him for.

But I cannot deny that the last QoTSA album Era Vulgaris, and now this Them Crooked Vultures album are both very good.  ::sigh:: 

Maybe...I can thank Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones for Them Crooked Vultures? And ignore Hommes' vocals?

Ugh! It's not working!

A Proper Thank You:

Yesterday, Alex said she had something for me.  Turns out she had a drawer full of goodies! Free cds! Wooooo!

I went wild and claimed some pretty good stuff including The Best of Sinatra, Blondie and some Miles Davis among others.

It was pretty damned cool that I got about 12 cds and now I will promptly take back the thank you and replace it with a "thank you".

Thanks for giving me more work, as if I needed more work.

I'm still trying to clean up my music folders here and now you've given me more to add!

Eck.

Currently listening to: "Bandoliers" by Them Crooked Vultures.  ...damn that Josh Homme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...