Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Equivalent Exchange

It's not often a show makes me teary. In fact, only two have. They're both anime because those Japanese are cold-hearted. They really know how to drive daggers into your heart and have no qualms about doing anything to do so. No character is ever safe in anime as I've discovered through my many years of watching the genre. Even though the characters are animated, a well-written show is a well-written show, regardless of what media format or style and it's very easy to hate and/or become attached to characters within any given series. Don't even get me started on people who think anime and video games are for children.

I digress.

I am known to many of my friends as the girl who traumatizes them by making them watch or play tear-jerker anime series or games. I am hated for it. And I'm proud of it.

After 51 episodes, I can finally do a little tribute to one of the best shows I have ever seen (and the second to make me teary): Full Metal Alchemist

Perhaps I should not have posted that I am hated for recommending sad anime to my friends but hey, at least you know it's quality stuff!
So what if almost every episode left even me mortified and tearing?!
The writing of this show was intricate with brilliantly created, well-developed characters.

While there are many characters and a lot of story to take in sometimes, everyone has their own little life that's worth something. Here's to my fools:



But ultimately, it all comes down to the Elric Brothers.

So young and curious:

Sometimes a tad bit ridiculous:

But together...always (that's right. Always!!!!!):

I love them.

Currently listening to: "Brothers" - by Michiru Oshima & BEPA, from the Full Metal Alchemist Soundtrack. This is perhaps the greatest and saddest of all theme songs. Damn this show and song...

Prosti menya, mladshiy brat!
Ya tak pred toboy vinovat.
Pyitatsya vernut' nyelzya
Togo, chto vzyala zyemlya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...