Monday, March 10, 2008

Food - The "Weirdness" From the Past and Present

Well, I do eat a lot of 'strange' (strange to some, not to others) food sometimes. I fancy trying different things at times but that's not to say I'm totally adventurous either. There are a few things I don't think I could eat if ever put before me.

For instance, I don't think I could ever eat the abdomen of a tarantula. Cambodian delicacy or not, you fry most anything and it'll be good but when there's a possibility that I could bite in and feel squishy, I don't even want to think further on the matter.

Disappointed, yeah? I am too, honestly.

Anyway, I realized recently that I never posted a picture way back when of my "officially done with the speciality kenka menu" meal. So, for those trying to rack their brains of what that was because you've for some crazy reason blocked it from memory, here it is,



Yeah, the guy laughed at me a little too and gave me a wink when he brought the bull penis to the table just as you awfully judgmental souls are.

The other picture I wanted to post was this one,



The nutritional facts and warnings,



Thanks to X&M for the latter.

Memorable Quote:

"Soft? It must be a joey." - X.

She's so wrong.

Currently listening to: "Topo's Groove Heaven" by Tsuyoshi Sekito, from the Brave Fencer Musashiden Soundtrack. What the eff!

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes...the bull penis...oh Kenka, how I miss you so. Oddly enough I liked the turkey testicles (which by the way are funnily enough just slightly smaller than a 45 pound dog, funny eh?) much better (er...relatively speaking).

    FYI I would totally eat a deep fried tarantula abdomen. Squishy in some circles is creamy. ^_^

    Oh and did you save me some of that Joey Jerky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually looks like a penis. Oh my god. Thats so.. so.. so.. i don't even know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I did, Beetchie. In fact, I'm leaving it open so it gets well stale for you, just how you like things. Chewy.

    I thought we weren't going to talk about the turkey testicles?! You know I can't forget the popping. Bleck. Taste wise, not bad.

    EW! That's exactly why I won't eat the spider abdomen because thoughts of popping turkey testicles and creamy cockroaches abound!

    Chloe,

    Yeah...umm. It wasn't bad. It had the texture of cow heel. Cow heel...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and coincidentally I actually saw a latex cast of a what was one a bull penis this weekend. I think we were gyped out of a large meal b/c let me tell you that is one huge ass pinga.

    Thanks, I like to work for my jerky. Makes it feel authentic.

    And before I forget, did you ever eat any sea turtles when you were living the island life? Apparently the Grenadians helped contribute to the whole "critically endangered" status of the leather back sea turtles here (opps) b/c they ate em up and shipped out their shells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And as for the "popping" testies, don't you think that just added a little dramatic flare to the whole meal?

    Er...no one said anything about roaches...the other day it took me and my friend 10 minutes to kill a weird ass looking ant. Seriously. It involved a gum wrapper, an anatomy text book, pencils and much skipping around. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping Testicles is the kind of flair I can do without, thank you very much.

    As we discussed, I suspect all islanders contribute to a decline in the turtle population. You know how we like to curry everything or throw it in a bake. ::cough shark cough::

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no problem eating shark b/c I know that they have no problem eating me.

    I'm also glad to say that while I enjoy eating things that used to have faces, I have not (to my knowledge) eaten happy smiling creature that is not already unnecessarily abundant on this earth.

    Er. That is unless you count Swordfish. Then again does fish really count (I mean if vegetarians can get away with it...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listen Koopa Troopa eater, I don't want any judgement outta you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what else I'd eat if I could?
    Goombas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope a Laiku comes by and and drops a big ol'bomb on your head.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...