is what I would be saying had that blasted Matisyahu concert been any good!
In Matisyahu's defense, even though I still don't like his genre of music, I could tell he put on a good show.
You can tell from that picture, right? For some reason that picture really cracks me up.
But as I stated before, thanks to Mitch Connors, my December was ruined! RUINED!
The Lowlamps:
1. The little 15 year old, rich, gansta' wannabees with their "Ohhhh, he's playing our shit!", smoking up, & self-made drama of "fainting" but then passing it off as we "fell asleep" certainly made for a rotten evening.
2. The opening act, Mr. Lif was the worst opener I've seen all year. Or ever. I didn't think anyone would take the place of Seether but I'll be damned. So if you ever see this man and friend,
stay the hell away.
3. The waiting. 6.30 to 8. Horrible Opener then 9 to 11. Oh. the. agony.
The Highlights:
1. SF & MC. SF with the Popcorn. MC's face during the crowd surfing when he almost got killed by some kid and MC's face during the show, proving my point that we never should have been there in the first place.
2. DJ Boo.
3. The really tall kid who couldn't dance. Anyone who wants to see video footage, I will gladly show it or please reference the Seinfeld episode with Elaine's infamous dance. But hey, he was having fun, so that's all that matters.
4. Matisyahu the Monkey. He's very energetic and the climbing was out of control.
Ah, climb Monkey Boy. Climb. ( I was actually nervous watching him)
5. The Rocky Theme Song Sung and Mixed with Hebrew.
And just the lights:
"It's more like a full body dry heave set to music."
ReplyDelete- george c.
anything i would say would be pullin a mel. gibson.
ReplyDeleteTo George C.:
ReplyDeleteTrue. In Matisyahu's live band's defense, I could tell THEY put on a good show.
To Battler:
Yes. Yes...
I will be the first to admit that this entire evening, save the company, was a bust for all the reasons that hochie mentioned. However, I still maintain that the Jew gots some flava. Sing monkey Jew sing
ReplyDelete