Well, it's really a network of spies...
and BANG!
That aside, here's a story of what happened before Mr. Memory lost his memory and everything else.
TD5 and I trundled to Midtown and trundled some more through the Grand Central Holiday Fair then around 42ND Street to visit Toys R' Us and the Virgin Mega store.
There were some nice things at the GCS Holiday Fair but not being of upper middle to upper class status as TD5 and I noted, those nice things were left exactly where they were, waiting for pretentious fools to go ahead and spend their money on often hippy, overpriced, classist nonsense.
He got his nephew some sort after Transformer toys that involved Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee. I was pushing him to get Galvitron since I'm a Decepticon fan myself (yeah, who would have thought?) but at least Megatron and Scorpion (?) came in the sets too. There's always room for Decepticons.
Virgin Megastore proved pricey as usual but I did walk out with something great and free: The Onion. That's always fun times. That and a free Iron Man poster.
We then met up with H1, Luiiiissss and Alex to do dinner. Thank goodness I checked the tickets and discovered the show was at 7PM and not 8PM because there would have been some hella angry peeps had we missed half the thing. Heh.
Our plans to go to Delta Grill were squashed with this new information so we went to the closest, quick service, good food place we could think of and ended up at Pongsri.
After dinner and bidding farewell to Alex, we went to see the Broadway play - Alfred Hitchcock's The 39 Steps, which was not an actual addiction program but I'm sure you lot already figured that out.
The first half was rather entertaining and any mention of 'coos makes for a good bit of media. H1 and I were quite pleased.
The second half started off kind of slow but it was alright. The jokes were plentiful and funny, sometimes expected and 'ran' the same way but all in all, it was a very pleasant evening with family.
TD5 enjoyed his early Birthday present and that's awesome.
All in all, I'd say our evening took about 3900 steps, which I guess means we need lots of help.
Highlights of the evening:
1. The (first - ha) shadow puppet theatre during the chase scene.
2. The cast. I enjoyed 3 of the 4 members. I was not very moved by the lead female but she wasn't bad either.
3. The costume changes and multiple role changes within scene and the non-seriousness of it all.
4. The top of the train scene as pictured here courtesy of the official website www.39stepsonbroadway.com:

Memorable Quote:
Professor Jordan: It was supposed to be a cast of four! ::dying:: four...
Currently listening to: "Mid Point" by Kuniaki Haishima, from the Monster Original Soundtrack 1. Heh, I've TD5 hooked on Monster! Bwahahaha. I'm so proud of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment