This year I saw a couple of favourites again for the millionth time, some might say. And you guys should shut it!
I also finally saw two of my favourite bands for the first time and what will be the last time for the foreseeable future.
It turned out to be a busy year afterall for shows, but also, we had a sad year overall but we're thankful for lots as usual and hope for an awesome 2010 for all!
7. U2 at Giants Stadium turned out to be a damned nightmare. I never wanted to go to this to begin with and only went for MUSE. It turns out that not even MUSE could correct the awful night we had (but of course they were awesome). U2 toured on a crap album and they're really showing their age - with forgotten lyrics and timing-off. Yeesh. This was definitely the worst show we saw this year and that's surprising. Oh, it didn't help it that we missed Yeah Yeah Yeahs for this. Psh.
6. All Points West on Friday. This was the best free concert surprise! TD5 came up to see AM and just like that, tickets appeared and I got to see YYY and he got to see Vampire Weekend. Though I suppose nothing is for free because we did have to trek to assland.
5. I never expected I would see Arctic Monkeys twice this year and I don't want to go back to a concert in December. There's always that risk of the coldest night of the year which is exactly what happened to us. Then there's always the trauma of having a crappy support band as AM likes to pick them. And the threat of a not so awesome show. That should never happen with AM but this isn't the best album either. It did not help that the show was at the cornerstone either.
4. I may never be that close to Alex, Matthew, The Cookie and Nick again in my life. It was not the best show I've seen from Arctic Monkeys due to material played but it was quite memorable being in such a tiny space such as The Highline Ballroom with my favourite boys. And to think, I could have reached out and touched Nick! Too bad that effin' P. Diddy had to ruin things by showing up. I really did not need to see that.
3. I like Green Day and was upset with myself when I missed the American Idiot/Bullet in a Bible tour. They had a really stupid album this time around but I was not expecting what transpired at MSG. They played for three hours straight and were incredible! I would recommend that everyone see them if given the chance.
2. I never thought the day would come when Jude Law would be on any list of mine. That man is an ass, let us just get that out there but I suppose you can be an ass and still be a great actor. Aren't most of them are? We saw him in Hamlet and I am still in awe.
1. Nine Inch Nails. It took me 15 years to see one of my favourite bands and just as they were on their way out. I discovered I hate Terminal 5 with a passion and I am really thankful I will never have to experience NINfluenza again. But I am really sad that I will never get to see them again or that H1 will not get to see them. That was one of the best shows I have been to. Oh NIN, come baaaaackkkkkk!!!!
Like I said, this year wasn't the best but surely we had some good memories each month!!!
January saw this HOchie with a not so pg13 lucky lucky bag. I'm still trying to pass off the sekshi toys on some unsuspecting fool but do you people remember the the hip parade?
Hmmm, what do you suppose we should give up for Lent this February?
Hey, looks like March wasn't that bad. We made good memories with Bunji and A'Face even though both were kinda scary moments - all I have to say is, zombies scare the eff out of me but still be pretty funny. And I feel really sorry for Spiderman.
April brought me new shady, pirate friends and made me remember one of the horrors of video game history and just how bad I can be at saving people..
What's that they say about Spring and May Flowers? And NKOTB? Say it ain't so...
Our little MC got married in June and while we got to share in the happiness and greatness that is Trinidad and Tobago, we sadly did not get to see our little Pandy get married.
H1 likes to torture me and also make fun of my 'lack' of skills. She has no idea how that keeps me up at night... But I suppose it was only payback for what I did to her. Though she seems to be have had lots of debacles of her own.
August is always an ass month but we were quite busy! With NIN, Arctic Monkeys and All Points West, we had quite the few weeks and then of course, August always proves what it is and hits me with sickness like never before. Ack, damned NINfluenza.
September saw us having crap with U2 but at least we made it up by having fun memories with our friends in the kids room.
October was surprisingly quiet but it wouldn't be October without a Zombie panic attack.
We had fun times in November with Thanksgiving week including attending Hamlet.
And here we have December - there are still days left for memories but so far, it's been a crazy not-so-great month but we're looking forward to Christmas and some time off with each other.
Currently listening to: Whatever is playing in The Hangover.
No comments:
Post a Comment