All this confusion to say this:
Who knew Jude Law could act?
Hahahaha.
I'm just kidding; though I can say that I have never been a huge fan of his.
However, seeing his performance in Hamlet warranted respect.
The execution was everything on his part - his spoken lines to his mannerisms made him pure brilliance.
Even though I made a 'vow' not to give him a standing ovation, he truly deserved one and I had to oblige.
Well, most of the cast were quite good save the forgettable roles for Guildenstern and Rosencrantz, which is sad.
And Ophelia...
Oh, Ophelia.
How horrible and unbelievable her role was acted out?
Quite.
Our seats were wonderful, though the Broadhurst theatre is not a favourite location of ours, and the service was even worse but no real complaints.
Jude was 'speaking' to us - as in we were very much centre and could see him clearly and he us from where we sat.
The stage setting was great, and the sword fight at the end was actually quite good and not poorly choreographed at all.
Honestly, I did not think I'd be as amazed as I was for this production.
It was brill. Brill. Brill! and I am quite pleased I got to see it afterall.
With a city to take in and bellies to fill with food, we walked over to Katsuhama for some ...katsu. Heh.
My first meal in Japan was tonkatsu and since then, I've tried to have it wherever I go to try to re-live the good times. Being that I will probably never eat another piece of sushi that melts to pure bliss outside of Japan, I was almost of that mindset when it came to the tonkatsu as well.
Katsuhama has managed to be on even footing with that memory but chances are, if you use berkshire pig in a meal, it'll be amazing.
Happy with our meals, we made our way to the train with lots of time to spare and I managed to scratch two things off of my list in one evening! I finally went to Cafe Zaiya.
It was not as I expected honestly, and with close to closing, I suppose I could not expect everything I wanted to put into my mouth to be there (onigiri would have been a pleasant though I suspect I will not eat as great a one as I did whilst in Tokyo, either) but I HAD to have the "home-made" green tea soft serve ice-cream hoping to re-live the one Beetchie and I had in Kyoto.
Wow.
It came really close to be as fantastic as I trick myself into believing. In all seriousness, it was really good and I would go back there just to have another.
It was a great day and I'm a happy kid right now, who should get some sleep. It's been a long sort of few days past and I need to rest, and not run myself down as I usually do, opening myself up to sickness.
Memorable Quotes of the evening:
"Question it, Horatio!" - Marcellus
TD5: Ophelia was just terrible, wasn't she?
Or 2: Yeah. She was acting as if she were in a high school play.
TD5: And there you go.
WTF Moment of the Evening:
The people behind us who commented, "He (Jude) looks like Ryan Seacrest".
Some people deserve to be scratched with a poison-tipped sword.

No comments:
Post a Comment