And here it is:
Thanksgiving Week has been a whirlwind of goo'd times.
We made new friends (Hardy Har, Daw and Shar), shared lots of good food and plenty of laughs.
The menu was similar to what we usually feast upon for this time of year but was it ever so and always GREAT.
1. Turkey with the best stuffin eva'
2. Pork Leg
3. Collard Greens
4. Sweet Potato Souffle
5. Green Beans
6. Saffron Rice
7. Corn pudding
8. Olive bread
9. Ham
10. Homemade bread
11. Flan
12. Blackout cake from Homestyle Bakery, complete with turkey. Not Cake Wreck worthy though.
Roast, Turkey!!!!!
In the days leading up to the feasting, TD5 was quite busy! Not only did he, Momma HO, Papa HO, Luuuuuissss and H1 go to see South Pacific on Friday, but then he went to see West Side Story on Tuesday after stuffing his gut with Pongsri. The friends LOVED it and I joined in because I wanted to see Frass, who was supposed to come up today but rejected us! Where were you, Frass?! Are you shopping online?! You forgot us didn't you!!!!!!??!!!!!
Today TD5 and co. went to Woodbury for some Black Friday dealies at 7:30 a.m. I saw lots of bags come into the house, so I guess the shopping was a success.
I, on the other hand, with H1 shopped online today. It was from Amazon, of course and we made out like bandits...perhaps, too well. Ack, money spent and gone. Blargh.
Gen' Frien' gave sent me the most awesome packages!!!!!
Oooooooo, exciting, yeah? No, not Pom Pom and the gang from Homestar Runner but what's behind them! Thanks so much, Gen' Frien'!
I'm wondering what I should be doing now but TD5 has me watching Cherry Blossoms. He likes to traumatize me, that one. All the time.
Movie Nights:
Thanskgiving Night: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure; Rambo III
Friday Night: Labyrinth; Wolverine (I watched White Collar and Burn Notice with TD5)
Memorable Conversations of the Weekend:
::While watching Rambo III::
Hardy Har: You know, you remember that movie Cliffhanger? I saw that and after I did, I went rock climbing without any gear or anything. A tall rock, eh?! Then about a year later, I found out that itwas all filmed on a stage! I did mine for real without equipment!!! I could have died! All because of that movie!
H1: Look! Do you remember this?! Pear soap!
TD5: What? The only soap I know is Life Buoy.
H1: And you had to put it in your mouth as punishment, right?
TD5: Yeah. And the blue one.
Or 2: I remember that! Gross!
TD5: Yeah, my cousin and I ate that. A whole bar each. We had to be rushed to the hospital.
Or 2: What the hell did you do that for?!
TD5: Well, we were pretending we were at a restaurant.
Or 2: And you ordered the soap?
And thus 'ends' another Thanksgiving at the HOchieS' but as we all know, it doesn't stop there until the turkey soup has been made.
Christmas is up next and already the madness has begun. This was probably the most impressive package delivery I've ever received...
No comments:
Post a Comment