Wednesday, July 08, 2009

As Good As We Remember?

Here we have our latest grocery list -



From Trinidad.

Because, as it is should already be clear to most, we love going to the supermarket.

It's a fondness of mine, going into supermarkets in different countries and wandering through the aisles (the snack aisle is usually the most interesting which should be a surprise to none), and discovering new foods to try.

In Japan there was Fugu Sake.

In London, H1 and I bought 40 pounds worth of candy. By the way, that's 40 pounds UK currency, not weight but still a staggering expense considering the conversion puts it at $80USD.

In Trinidad, there's everything from our childhood.

Whenever I go back, there are certain things on the list that I must buy, but are they really as good as we remember?



Ignoring the sprite and jumping straight to the Cole Cold Pear D: A. I probably drank this practically every day.

Natural Blue Waters: It's not from NYC, and then overpriced, right? Heh. It didn't make me sick so it gets a "A".

Blue Ribbon Chicken Vienna Sausage & regular: B-. That wasn't quite the same or maybe I'm just so used to my Libby's now.

Milo Cereal: "A" for awesome.

Tunnock Wafer Cream: "A"

Kiss Brownie: Meh. "B"

Nissin Oriental Ramen Noodle: "D"



Bermudez Vanilla Cookies: OMG. Amazing! And Amazingly Fresh! "A+"

Orchard Fruit Punch: "A"

Nestle Chocnut: "B"

Orchard Apple Cherry Drink: Bleck! Put me into a sugar shock, why don't you? "F"!

Orchard Orange Drink: Umm. I don't think I had any. "WTF".

Orchard Black Currant Drink: Also sugar shock but not as gross. "C"

Nestle Eggnog: I love that shart still, man. But I do recognize it's not as great quality as what I get at Christmas here. "B+" (probably mostly for nostalgia value).



Kiss Orange Cup Cake: Didn't have any and never wanted it. I hate Kiss cakes.

Maryland Double Chocolate Cookies from Cadbury: "D" Disappointing.

Bermudez Rough Tops: A lot more ginger tasting than I recall but oh so fresh and endearing. "A-".

PC - Oasis Dairy Cool: Milk Penna Cools. Yum. "A+"

Green Sands: "A"



Our Total: "E" for embarrassing.

Currently listening to: "Space & Time Act 2" by S.E.N.S. Project, from the xxxHOliC Original Sound File.

3 comments:

  1. Bermudez Vanilla cookies will always top every list. Those are THE BEST, no contest. As for Orchard Orange Drink--it's only good when you drink it while eating salt prunes. And I can't believe you don't love orange kiss cakes. I am all about them. If they would only bring back Chili Balls I would be one happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good times but I cannot believe we forgot the chocolate digestives.

    - H1

    Ooh, Chili Balls were the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...not even ONE to put into our mouths. And what about my mustangs? Ugh!

    Chili balls? I think we should mix our own powder dealie and roll up some sort of cheesey ball into it.

    It may not be as good as ghetto pizza but we won't know until we try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...