We made our first attempt at doubles a little over a week ago and came out with crispy bara. It tasted pretty good though. We've wanted to try this for months and months now but got a final push when we came home with tamarind sauce from ordering Indian food from Minar one week.
Yeah, that's all it takes sometimes.
We tried for a second time yesterday and came out with less crispy bara but it still has not been perfected. We'll try again sometime!
I never figured it out until yesterday but I really love Sardine Omlettes and Papa HOchie makes them best!
2 weeks ago H1 made some pernil. I ate lots of that, so much so the pork ended up tasting better going down than coming up. Never before did my favourite meat cause me to burp but I have no regrets.
The Sunday of that week, she made some good time cranberry scones that she swears is the easiest thing ever. I was not present to witness but I was present to eat. As Mom and/or Boobey-Head would say, "MMMM, GOOOOOOD!!!!"
Currently listening to: "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt.
...God I hate you biatches...
ReplyDeleteStop the hate!
ReplyDeleteThose were some pretty awesome times though...
Did you not care about the pumpkin cookies? Because you should.
Har har. No worries, B. You know we cook for you!
I find all this cooking is going down only when I am out the damn country! The doubles look great. Thumbs WAY UP!!!!! Crispy bara must be awesome. Don't perfect that too much. There is room in the world for crispy bara.
ReplyDeleteYou can keep everything else. lol
Frass, what is wrong with sardine omlettes?! And scones? And oh, pernil is awesome. You just must never have had all those good times in your life.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you are ridiculous. I can arrange some crispy bara for you.
By the way, what are you doing checking the blog when you should be out being a man whore, prostitutin' your way through Italy to pay for your trip?
ReplyDeletethis blog entry should be deleted. I hate you cooking and eating fools.
ReplyDeleteWe hate you too, X, but you don't see us trying to delete you.
ReplyDelete