Monday, July 05, 2010

Not to be Trusted

In late September 2006, Momma and Papa HOchie went to visit a recently born A'Face.

I was tasked to pick the rest of the cucumbers from Papa's garden, and to give water if necessary to the plethora of plants.

The garden bore many vegetables that year, and in the week's time I was left in charge, no one enjoyed the sweet harvest it produced.

It was a rainy month, I recall and with darkness approaching faster as the day ended, I picked not a damned thing after I got home on evenings from work.

Then too, there were the slugs.  If there is one thing to be said of me, it's that I made some slugs very, very happy.

Now, this was a story I meant to post almost four years ago but got lost in my backlog of things to do.

I am bringing it up now because the Parent HOchieS have once again gone off somewhere and left me in charge of their garden of tomatoes, beans, peppers and spinach.

The Four Year Massacre has returned.

Well, within a few hours of being in charge, I already managed to turn the once beautiful green Garden into something not so green.

Looking okay so far, yeah?

Yeah, normal.

A nice green tomato.  The abnormality of that is not on me!

But that yellow beneath might be all me.  Heh.

Yep, yep.  Definitely my doing.

Have some bokeh to be easier on the eyes.

Really, I watered and have been watering.  I may have watered them at 11 a.m on Saturday which may explain the horrible yellowness going on but shouldn't talking to them lovingly be enough along with the water?! Psh.

I kinda want to blame the nasty hot weather we have been having and my nemesis the Sun.

Heck, at least there are no slugs this time (so sorry I cannot locate those pictures at the moment).



Ah yes, one more thing.  Do you think I should pick those beans now?  Something in my memory of my bean picking days tells me I should...

Currently listening to: "Blue" by Yoko Kanno featuring Mai Yamane, from The Cowboy Bebop Blue Original Soundtrack.  You know what sucks? The ability this song has to make me cry even though it's been 1999 since this series aired.  At least I can take comfort knowing I traumatized B. too. =)  Just have to work on H1...

4 comments:

  1. Harvest Moon should have prepared you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beans look good. Stir-fry some for me. And please post pix of the cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bughie J., you have shamed me. Harvest Moon taught me how to make cheese and plant eggplants. I never did quite well with the tomatoes upon reflection.

    GK, I would love to post the pictures of the cucumbers. I think I lost them when my computer died BUT! I tend to burn everything eventually so maybe I will just have to look again. It was quite the grossness.

    I will not be making any stir-fry for you. Those beans will be steamed and awesome. Goo'day.

    WV: Confa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steamed works for me too. Healthy! Besides, I'm STILL in crisis mode. lmao

    wv: conctio

    Sounding likes a stew conks......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...